Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Im not either , but ive been buying DAX and FTSE this am, i just thought maybe i could hedge with some short dow, but then i realised hedging is for gardeners not traders :LOL:

Im not either , but ive been buying DAX and FTSE this am, i just thought maybe i could hedge with some short dow, but then i realised hedging is for gardeners not traders :LOL:

well i've been using andrews pitchfork:LOL:

4hr chart

Attachments

• sync.jpg
    sync.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 111
Closed Dax shorts and 50% Dow short. Hoping to see sub 14400 on Dow.

Just closed my SP500 shorts from yesterday evening. Been a good week for me.
This is not the norm for me as I've been shorting the markets since January.
Funny thing is I've recovered all the money I lost in 3 months in one week.

Now the worst thing I could do now, is continue trading today and lose the lot, it could
cause a chain reaction (talking from past experience here).:)

Just closed my SP500 shorts from yesterday evening. Been a good week for me.
This is not the norm for me as I've been shorting the markets since January.
Funny thing is I've recovered all the money I lost in 3 months in one week.

Now the worst thing I could do now, is continue trading today and lose the lot, it could
cause a chain reaction (talking from past experience here).:)

I'm still way, way under water :cry: .... even after being 200/point short on the Dow for much of yesteday and today (now closed half of it).

I've been shorting since last year and was well up in November but then starting losing it all during the political mess during US budget over Xmas/New year.

I'm still way, way under water :cry: .... even after being 200/point short on the Dow for much of yesteday and today (now closed half of it).

I've been shorting since last year and was well up in November but then starting losing it all during the political mess during US budget over Xmas/New year.

I feel your pain mate! £200 a point is pretty heavy.
I started spread betting 8 months ago, with 50p stakes on the FTSE and continued for about six months. Never thinking I would ever trade £100 a point on the SP500 and £20 a point on the FTSE. I've only recently increased my stakes as I'm learning how to control my losses,which was the number one factor holding back my progress and trading less often. Just waiting for the right trade to come along which does not happen very often but worth waiting for.:)

Looking at the SP500 shoot back up just now, I'm glad I closed my short earlier and took profits, something else I'm also learning to do more often.
Looking for a for a higher entry price to re-short the SP500 over 1560+.

Views on buying FTSE , Selling dow ? seems very out of line !

The only time, today, that I have traded FT I lost 10. Since then I have not looked back on cable, the Euro and, this afternoon, a quick short on the Dow. I closed because I can't see which way it will go and we are into a quiet period, now, for a couple of hours. I've netted +40 on the day.

I'm beginning to like forex, until I get my fingers burnt!

In answer to your question, I think that both FT and Dow are in a down trend. I am selling into strength. Will you please tell me why the hell I bought FT, this morning, though? The quickest 10 point loss I have made for ages--four minutes, flat!

Last edited:
Views on buying FTSE , Selling dow ? seems very out of line !

Yeah, I did this morning (see earlier post - long ftse 6391, short dow 14490) spent a lot of time underwater but picked up in the afternoon. Net is in profit to the extent of about 16 ftse points atm and I'll hang on maybe overnight.

Ftse weak another -21 today at the close which is weak -71 over the two days. Now -279 weak since start of year.

Yeah, I did this morning (see earlier post - long ftse 6391, short dow 14490) spent a lot of time underwater but picked up in the afternoon. Net is in profit to the extent of about 16 ftse points atm and I'll hang on maybe overnight.

Ftse weak another -21 today at the close which is weak -71 over the two days. Now -279 weak since start of year.

1:1 ratio Jon ?

Closed another 50 short on Dow at 14400 now only 50 left. Not sure what to do with this but will let it run. Will reopen more shorts if Dow pops higher.

So much for my last post! I was right about the downtrend, at least, but not about the quiet couple of hours!