Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

the hk market is crazy, strong for no reason and going against all my indicators. or may as well just i missed some important signals

the hk market is crazy, strong for no reason and going against all my indicators. or may as well just i missed some important signals

China was up 1.7% and strong PMI.
Chinese listed stocks in HK also pushed the market up.
I had 21600 as resistance level, went straight past at the open, hit 21900
If FTSE heads lower(5745) should take HK back to 21600/50

funny but i got red all week but turned green on yesterdays close...but i'm new to this index

QUOTE=Dick Lexic;2003578]funny but i got red all week but turned green on yesterdays close...but i'm new to this index[/QUOTE]

:idea: Gary Smiths trading book
On the DOW close strong into the last hour close(after weak couple of days and then doing nothing all day apart from the last hour) and then follow with more upside next day, except HK in this case.

sd, i had a look over at the ftse daytraders site ...interesting video by cityindex trading academy...i think one of them claimed he makes two/three hundred pound a day on ftse ...looking forward to next episode :)

sd, i had a look over at the ftse daytraders site ...interesting video by cityindex trading academy...i think one of them claimed he makes two/three hundred pound a day on ftse ...looking forward to next episode :)

£300/day not bad. i will watch the video. thanks

funny they should say what percentage they grow their equity per month , would be better measure.

because he may be using £100,000 to make £300/day

Last edited:
QUOTE=Dick Lexic;2003578]funny but i got red all week but turned green on yesterdays close...but i'm new to this index

On the DOW close strong into the last hour close(after weak couple of days and then doing nothing all day apart from the last hour) and then follow with more upside next day, except HK in this case.[/QUOTE]

thanks bus ...haven't read all of the book yet

£300/day not bad. i will watch the video. thanks

funny they should say how much they grow their equity per month , would be better measure.

because he may be using £100,000 to make £300/day

300 per day is 6000 per month...not bad but not brilliant for the effort needed and risk taken

Return on capital is a good measure...if he is making £300 per day on £10K starting capital then good for him ....assuming he is making withdrawals then he may struggle to exceed the return

but to say one makes a fixed per day from market is trying to fool oneself and others....this is not a daily wages job

200-300 pounds per day only? do they trade anything other than FTSE?

When someone claims trading income in the range of fixed daily wages I always find it strange.

have alook at the video is along the same lines as the apprentice

300 per day is 6000 per month...not bad but not brilliant for the effort needed and risk taken

Return on capital is a good measure...if he is making £300 per day on £10K starting capital then good for him ....assuming he is making withdrawals then he may struggle to exceed the return

but to say one makes a fixed per day from market is trying to fool oneself and others....this is not a daily wages job

correct, there is a hedge fund index showing returns for the whole of the hedge fund industry, i think over three years they have broken even. zero return over three years

QUOTE=Dick Lexic;2003578]funny but i got red all week but turned green on yesterdays close...but i'm new to this index

On the DOW close strong into the last hour close(after weak couple of days and then doing nothing all day apart from the last hour) and then follow with more upside next day, except HK in this case.[/QUOTE]

bustech, take a look at the volume for that index on 18th oct

you might remember i commented about that before