Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I found IB a very difficult account to close. I let it lapse so that they closed my access, password, etc. I've wondered about Berkley because little is heard of them but IB have a security system that I thought a damned nuisance. The "help" was in Germany and he kept giving me new advice to try out which, when it failed, I had to recall him.

Another thing that I found a nuisance was that I had to, somehow, make my trading platform flat. This depends on the currency that you are in.

Perhaps, it is because of my computer skills, I don't know, but I do not think that I am that bad! I get around my other stockbroker OK.

Hi splitlink

I got an account with Berkeley, been with them years. I trade online, sometimes I have called them to get out of a trade. They pick the phone up very quick, and don't charge you extra like IB to get out of an online trade...

cheers

Hi splitlink

I got an account with Berkeley, been with them years. I trade online, sometimes I have called them to get out of a trade. They pick the phone up very quick, and don't charge you extra like IB to get out of an online trade...

cheers

do either IB or Berkely have online chat help ?

It's a few years ago but I think that you have to log in. A sort of Catch22 thing. I sent an email but was not sure of the authenticity of the reply, so used the phone. My "problem" was that I stopped using the site because I was losing more than I wanted, having to buy a contract, ie, 10 GBP per point. I don't pretend to be a big fish in this game and reverted to spreadbetting, where I have been ever since. Not using the site for a long time meant that they shut me out for "security" reasons.

Anyway, its water under the bridge, now, and I only mentioned it as a warning that these companies, although IB is honest, are for the traders with deeper pockets than most of us have.

If youare not making money spreadbetting, it is unlikely that you will by changing to the futures brokers.

over the longer term market cycle we are still in impulsive mode?

Don't know... will require more thinking. Don't think Day chart is pullback from wave 3 as no 61% pullback from the first wave. Not thinking about that at the moment anyway. Fed up with my own trading ability.

I attempted a trade below 5831. 1 min chart. Technically correct according to my timing strategy as it went overbought 5830. After I got in @ 5831 price took an extra surge down -7 points. Knocked out my 6 point stop. It virtually never does that. Only rarely have I seen it swing so much it would knock out a 6 point stop, which is why I have it 6 points.

I should have got in again as I got same overbought signal again 5827 - it couldn't do the same thing it hardly ever does twice could it? But then I thought, as usual, I'd made a mistake somewhere and didn't get my thoughts together in time to reenter. Rallied 20 points from the bottom.

I had two trades yesterday for 8.7 points, followed my strategy. I was looking forward to this trade all day. Great risk-reward ratio and...pbbt. I won't say I was unlucky, because 1. I was following two aggressive bear candles, might have guessed there'd be a little more 2. could have reentered.

BTW here's my chart from the other day - very accurate so far. 5823.9 is current low. Has it done just enough to reach 61%? Will we get a kick up from here to at least retest the bullish channel we've broken out of, possibly further push?

11qs6z7.png

2ntcldw.png

It's a few years ago but I think that you have to log in. A sort of Catch22 thing. I sent an email but was not sure of the authenticity of the reply, so used the phone. My "problem" was that I stopped using the site because I was losing more than I wanted, having to buy a contract, ie, 10 GBP per point. I don't pretend to be a big fish in this game and reverted to spreadbetting, where I have been ever since. Not using the site for a long time meant that they shut me out for "security" reasons.

Anyway, its water under the bridge, now, and I only mentioned it as a warning that these companies, although IB is honest, are for the traders with deeper pockets than most of us have.

If youare not making money spreadbetting, it is unlikely that you will by changing to the futures brokers.

Hi Split,
Agree, but if you using spread betting for day trading, they make it hard for you, Ive tried the SB and find it very hard to day trade, but I guess ok for position trading, got to watch the stops, thet never trader at the price with SB......unless they have change,

I use Direct accuses, I find this suits my style more, unless spreading have change, the last time I used a SB was about maybe 4 years ago, maybe longer not sure. You can start off with trading 1 lot YM thats about 3 quid a point.

Let me know if SB got better?

LT

Don't know... will require more thinking. Don't think Day chart is pullback from wave 3 as no 61% pullback from the first wave. Not thinking about that at the moment anyway. Fed up with my own trading ability.

I attempted a trade below 5831. 1 min chart. Technically correct according to my timing strategy as it went overbought 5830. After I got in @ 5831 price took an extra surge down -7 points. Knocked out my 6 point stop. It virtually never does that. Only rarely have I seen it swing so much it would knock out a 6 point stop, which is why I have it 6 points.

I should have got in again as I got same overbought signal again 5827 - it couldn't do the same thing it hardly ever does twice could it? But then I thought, as usual, I'd made a mistake somewhere and didn't get my thoughts together in time to reenter. Rallied 20 points from the bottom.

I had two trades yesterday for 8.7 points, followed my strategy. I was looking forward to this trade all day. Great risk-reward ratio and...pbbt. I won't say I was unlucky, because 1. I was following two aggressive bear candles, might have guessed there'd be a little more 2. could have reentered.

BTW here's my chart from the other day - very accurate so far. 5823.9 is current low. Has it done just enough to reach 61%? Will we get a kick up from here to at least retest the bullish channel we've broken out of, possibly further push?

11qs6z7.png

2ntcldw.png

your charts are slightly different to mine but if s&p get back 1460 cash then ftse will get back inside channel

good call, et

Thanks. Hopefully now 61% retrace on FTSE for a Wave 1 Bullish EW.

Success at calling moves is a bit hollow for me right now though.

It's completely stupid I failed to get in successfully on a great call when I had 95% confidence it was going to happen. Even worse that I was going "err what? that shouldn't happen" for 5 minutes, observed the repeat signal and chose to ignore it, thinking I must have made a mistake.

On positive side I didn't make the mistake of waiting for the price to reach my predicted 5820, which is arrived at by another method, usually on higher timeframe. I was just too early this time.

I've a total of two timing signals, one tells me its over-bought/sold, other confirms trend has changed i.e. new high (usually need to be in before then).

I think what I am doing wrong is not using a third: an aggressive trendline for timing when it gets near my price. If my signal stops me out, I can get in on the backtest when it leaves the trendline. This usually occurs before the new high confirms change of trend.

That would have shown me clearly the trend had changed c5824.