Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

VIX closed 14.07 (previous days high was 14.08) so swing day sell, no one wants to buy any parachutes right now, high to watch now is 14.67

today is quad witching so fun and games. also ftse options expiry 10am- 10.30am
biggest open interest on options is

calls 5825 16,657 (worthless if ftse at/below 5825 on expiry) each point above 166k

puts 5850 6,029

just read Dow closed at 5 year high close.

Nasdaq 12 year closing high

SD it my opinion and it is only that, but at some point in the very near future we are going to see a massive one day sell off in the Dow maybe 400-500 points........

I suspect it will happen when some are least expecting it as well and may start from a fairly innocuous bit of news perhaps out of Europe........

Pretty generic prediction I admit but am watching like a Hawk.

I think that everyone is repeating the opinions of previous years. We all know it will happen but the crucial word is when!

My Bollinger states the same

SD it my opinion and it is only that, but at some point in the very near future we are going to see a massive one day sell off in the Dow maybe 400-500 points........

I suspect it will happen when some are least expecting it as well and may start from a fairly innocuous bit of news perhaps out of Europe........

I think bernanke is doing everything he can to get obama re-elected, since if romney wins he will be out of a job.

Also the markets tend to rally into US presidential election, this happens every four years, notice how they broke the price of crude the sharp drop no one could understand.

think some other people on here were calling a big drop to around 600ish not that long ago

think some other people on here were calling a big drop to around 600ish not that long ago

Morning everybody.

Me also I think, or better wish, that at some point it will break.

For the moment underwater, because having missed the day before yesterday the big drop during the night, I shorted yesterday at the close. Keeping it , because i feel more comfortable at the short side, and will try to avg up in any spike.

thast an easy outlook to trade, sell out of the money call spot +500, use sale proceeds to buy out of the money put at spot -500

might be ale to do that for zero cost, but would be unhedged above spot +500

Morning everybody.

For the moment underwater, because having missed the day before yesterday the big drop during the night, I shorted yesterday at the close. Keeping it , because i feel more comfortable at the short side, and will try to avg up in any spike.

morning zorbas, thanks for debunking GDOW for me

Morning everybody.

i think DC2000 was calling a drop as well ...if i remember right:rolleyes:

Anybody think we can drop higher.
There was a video on this forum a few days ago saying DOW 50,000 in the next couple of years.
Big Mac 50 bucks.
Because of the FED.