Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

if it stays above 1453.62 its ok, in 14mins time will use different level, working off the hourlies

I gotta start watching the hourlies.

Got lucky here and averaged down with thinking that it would pullback to the hourly trendline, it did and I came out looking ok :D

begeegs, i am running three browsers and spreading my trading stuff over the three ...it has helped my cpu problem ....keeping flash charts on separate browser seems to have made it a lot more stable over the last few days... thought you might like to know

Great! I would have thought that it was your plugins doing all of the work and flash is a CPU killer in most browsers. At least it kills our IE sessions here where I work.

begeegs, i am running three browsers and spreading my trading stuff over the three ...it has helped my cpu problem ....keeping flash charts on separate browser seems to have made it a lot more stable over the last few days... thought you might like to know

Dick Lexic a pc is very cheap, i bought a base unit for £600, it should last about 4 years, the cost amortised is £2.90/week, its 64mb ram. (vengeance ram)

I gotta start watching the hourlies.

Got lucky here and averaged down with thinking that it would pullback to the hourly trendline, it did and I came out looking ok :D

10.33 uk time it crossed back above tht 1453.6 level,

FTSE was 5850, popped 7pts above that

Dick Lexic a pc is very cheap, i bought a base unit for £600, it should last about 4 years, the cost amortised is £2.90/week, its 64mb ram. (vengeance ram)

I'd agree with that. Stand-alone PC's are incredibly cheap and you can get a good one for the price above, with the exception of the RAM - which should be at least 4 GB RAM with the option of getting more RAM if needed.

I'd agree with that. Stand-alone PC's are incredibly cheap and you can get a good one for the price above, with the exception of the RAM - which should be at least 4 GB RAM with the option of getting more RAM if needed.

begeegs I want to increase the Ram on a Toshiba laptop (not this one) from the 1GB that was on it from new to 4GB. The Specs say 4 is the maximum. I can see the appropriate chips on Amazon from about £8-10 delivered........
Is it a simple case of popping one out and refitting with new or is there a bit more too it.......??
Bear in mind I'm not Techie !

ok I normally trade the US markets, been trying out the FT last few days, see what you guys think of if vs ES

begeegs I want to increase the Ram on a Toshiba laptop (not this one) from the 1GB that was on it from new to 4GB. The Specs say 4 is the maximum. I can see the appropriate chips on Amazon from about £8-10 delivered........
Is it a simple case of popping one out and refitting with new or is there a bit more too it.......??
Bear in mind I'm not Techie !

Yeah - it's easy. I would imagine that you have to unscrew a panel in the bottom of your laptop and replace one with the other. Once you boot up, you should see in the startup screen (which probably will say 'Toshiba' in a big banner) the new RAM size.

If you don't see the new RAM, the computer probably won't boot up. Hopefully that won't happen. ;)

Jeesh - the market is continuing to do nothing - waiting for the jobless claims?

how can I work out how much ram i have, i suspect its 64 gb

Goto your system properties - right click on Computer (in Win 7) and goto properties. It will tell you on the page that opens. 64 GB is a alot for a stand alone - unless you are a gamer as well ;)

(I suppose that the market is a type of game :LOL:)

Goto your system properties - right click on Computer (in Win 7) and goto properties. It will tell you on the page that opens. 64 GB is a alot for a stand alone - unless you are a gamer as well ;)

(I suppose that the market is a type of game :LOL:)

just checked, is 8gb ram

the operating system is 64bit

8gb ram, sorry for confusion