Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

DaddyJohn normally after a big up move in dow u get consolidation the following day, this china rate cut announcement seems well timed to keep rally going

SD.. you are right.. and like you said last night.. strong close usually means a move in the opposite direction the next day... however.. if I am right about us just seeing a bottom then they maybe wont stop to consolidate as everyone will be scared of missing the start of the move... so maybe three / four green days before a pullback.. anyway.. we can only trade what we see:|

good thing i didnt go short earlier. was thinking about it around the 5430 mark. would have been another position to hold for a couple of months! last time there was a PBOC rate cut on 30th nov 2011 it was followed by a central bank bailout at 9am NYC time. (zerohedge)

SD.. you are right.. and like you said last night.. strong close usually means a move in the opposite direction the next day... however.. if I am right about us just seeing a bottom then they maybe wont stop to consolidate as everyone will be scared of missing the start of the move... so maybe three / four green days before a pullback.. anyway.. we can only trade what we see:|

step 1, rumour that china stimulus, rallied market one day then markets reverse after rumour shown to be fake.

step 2. news of IMF backstop spain banks, markets rallies one day IMF later denies story, market continues falling.

Step 3 China actually cuts rates, can this be reversed?

the elites are desperate their amateurish attempts to hold up these indices

Short term, I dunno, I could see it pushing to 5500ish before heading back down.
I just think it's really news dependent and in the absence of any further stuff about Spain, Greece, etc. then it's either range or up.
Need to see how Gold, Oil, Euro, and the bonds do overnight.

Reshorted the 5550 area...fingers crossed.
Closed original short for about +375pts. Could have added an extra 200 to that had I not been on holiday :)