Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Hi All

Can i ask a slightly off thread question?

Who do you guy's use for daily economic Data?

IGIndex have stopped their weekly email and i am struggling to find a reliable source that is easy to read / print etc

Thanks
If you are looking for the economic data releases, the best place is Forex Factory

Otherwise zaner.com give a very good economic summary prior to 2:30pm.

If that doesn't work, let me know more specifically what you are looking for.

If you are looking for the economic data releases, the best place is Forex Factory

Otherwise zaner.com give a very good economic summary prior to 2:30pm.

If that doesn't work, let me know more specifically what you are looking for.

Thanks for the reply

The Forex factory link doesnt appear to work, but specifically i am interested in scalping the FTSE and DAX

I dont want to be holding a large position when any data that may move the market is released (non farm payrolls, ECB rate decisions etc) for obvious reasons and am just looking for a reliable source that i can print off each day

Regards

it's funny but i never look at economic data it gets inside my head and affects my trading:( ..i think it's all in the price anyway except maybe nfp and stuff like 9/11 ect

it's funny but i never look at economic data it gets inside my head and affects my trading:( ..i think it's all in the price anyway except maybe nfp and stuff like 9/11 ect

Ive been caught wrong sided a few times, pays to be neutral if you can IMHO just prior to any announcements

depends on your holding period i guess

Ive been caught wrong sided a few times, pays to be neutral if you can IMHO just prior to any announcements

depends on your holding period i guess

i don't think about it i just trade what i see maybe i'll get a big kick in the butt one day but that'll happen anyway. in this game we don't even need announcements we got the gangstres on wall street!!

Try this link:

Forex Calendar @ Forex Factory

If it doesn't work then just google forex factory and click on the calendar. It will give you all you need to know. Just a caveat, PMI data is always released a couple of minutes early to subscribers. Other than that there shouldn't be any leaks.

Try this link:

Forex Calendar @ Forex Factory

If it doesn't work then just google forex factory and click on the calendar. It will give you all you need to know. Just a caveat, PMI data is always released a couple of minutes early to subscribers. Other than that there shouldn't be any leaks.

Thanks again for the replies

Nice to see a thread on here that is frequented by folk genuinely interested in trading and not just trying sell you their system etc....

Good luck and may the pips be with you :)

Does the market really care if the greeks sign their debt deal? They are going to default on that one too. Why should the market be so bullish?

I believe that the market is bullish because there really isn't anywhere to put the money. Cash? In the bank? The only place to put it is into shares--the best ones, of course.

Im going short from 790 with a 30point Stop i think its hit a very important resistance point.... Anybody any opinions??

Im going short from 790 with a 30point Stop i think its hit a very important resistance point.... Anybody any opinions??

I have no opinions! I've been trying to short around that all afternoon. I use a closer stop than 30 and have not lost much, except time, of course.

On second thoughts, I do have an opinion. We should not be trying to spot the tops. A pullback and breakout downwards might be a better idea.

I think you right but am inn the trade now alredy 10points down... il just see how it goes... ive had the most horrendous 2 days tradin eeevvveeerrr i feel like throwin in the towel!!

I think you right but am inn the trade now alredy 10points down... il just see how it goes... ive had the most horrendous 2 days tradin eeevvveeerrr i feel like throwin in the towel!!

Well, that is for you to decide, of course, but, providing that you are using low stakes, it is early days. Are you a newcomer to trading?

Going short on a hunch cos it feels like a top can hurt you. Going short at the top if it is a 161.8% extension or bounces off a strong level is at least a strategy. Trading is a long and painful learning experience but with time and discipline and a decent set of rules for each market structure and you can earn a decent living. Go back over the last two days and look at all your trades and try to understand where you went wrong and if you entered on a specific set of rules.

Well, that is for you to decide, of course, but, providing that you are using low stakes, it is early days. Are you a newcomer to trading?

Ive bin doing it a couple years, studying technical analysis and other various aspects. Im no pro n im far from makin a livin from it yet, But to be honest my account is still up, and im not doing too badly. if i do lose i consider it tuition costs. every loss teaches me a lesson

Ive bin doing it a couple years, studying technical analysis and other various aspects. Im no pro n im far from makin a livin from it yet, But to be honest my account is still up, and im not doing too badly. if i do lose i consider it tuition costs. every loss teaches me a lesson

:clap: Hey, I hope you are short this morning. I don't trade overnight and have only just switched on, so missed it.