Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

after waiting it fail to hit top 5720 after half an hour im thinkin biiig down day today.... looks like it did the retracing over night... any thoughts??

after waiting it fail to hit top 5720 after half an hour im thinkin biiig down day today.... looks like it did the retracing over night... any thoughts??

Well we put in 50% so that would be enough.

But to early to say. I held some longs overnight and closed them at the bell.

We was oversold yesterday, so I expected a rally. But now I don't have a bias.

my thoughts are that on futures it may teat up to 5707... what worries me is that it left some unfinished business lower down yesterday..

any thoughts on where todays ftse 100 is going???

got any easy questions danboi?:LOL:
i've been long since the open but slightly under at the mo
5700 i hope will hold ....my target is around 730 ...se how it reacts might get 750 back...s&p looks good for a rise...maybe aye maybe naw:)

It's a pain when these things happen..

I seem to have a worm that keeps trying to capture my credit card details.. have tried running anti-virus / clean up software , but nothing seems to be finding it to clean.. if yo know of any free but powerful anti-virus , let me know :(

John - if you sign up for Vipre Antivirus, their technical team will take over your computer and find the virus for you. Not as risky as you think. They are a legit anti-virus provider, and have good tech support. I have a phone number for them in Newbury. And if you are prepared to wait and order a disk from Amazon, their lifetime of your computer license is available on a CD from Amazon for around £9. If you want the phone number of their tech support people in Newbury let me know and I will find it in my files somewhere.

As for todays trading, we've had some manipulation going on today and supporting of positions. Most notably at 8:51am. The price was clearly heading down, and someone came in and bought 500 to 600 lots just to stop the fall and make it reverse. We are still around the 5660 level on the futures where they came in at. If this level fails to hold, then it should mean a retest of the lows.

Finished my tax return late yesterday. Boy is it a pain to provide HMRC with details of all my trades, in the format they want and all on pdf files. Why can't they accept .xls and .doc!!

John - if you sign up for Vipre Antivirus, their technical team will take over your computer and find the virus for you. Not as risky as you think. They are a legit anti-virus provider, and have good tech support. I have a phone number for them in Newbury. And if you are prepared to wait and order a disk from Amazon, their lifetime of your computer license is available on a CD from Amazon for around £9. If you want the phone number of their tech support people in Newbury let me know and I will find it in my files somewhere.

As for todays trading, we've had some manipulation going on today and supporting of positions. Most notably at 8:51am. The price was clearly heading down, and someone came in and bought 500 to 600 lots just to stop the fall and make it reverse. We are still around the 5660 level on the futures where they came in at. If this level fails to hold, then it should mean a retest of the lows.

Finished my tax return late yesterday. Boy is it a pain to provide HMRC with details of all my trades, in the format they want and all on pdf files. Why can't they accept .xls and .doc!!

I wonder how many people have left it to today to file. I would be starting to sweat if i was doing it today. :D
Next time im going to get it out the way very early.
But i did also say that last year :confused:

Floating about today. The US session turned around just after 3pm yesterday and did not look back, why? just oversold? No real news flow to = risk on.

Daddy John I was thinkin the same thing...

I went long when i was certain it would break through 720 with a stop at 690 (maybe not the best of moves)

Next time im going to get it out the way very early.

I say that every year too! The time to do it is April just after the tax year ends and you can remember what you did in the year. Just do as I say, not as I do!!

Does anyone here have the ability to chart volume that shows all trades that went through at the bid and at the ask? Unfortunately Open ECry do not have this feature. Anyone using Ninja or similar should be able to do this. I am curious to know what percentage of the trades were at the bid and the ask when we had the volume spike at 8:51am. I was told that all the big guys buy at the bid, but that would mean entering on a limit order and then moving the order up as the price went up. Surely they would just be buying at market which means hitting the offer. This is something I have never figured out. Anyone any ideas?

700 held ....target met .....computer still working ....gooooooooood day for me :))

out to quick possibly more upside need a break :)))

700 held ....target met .....computer still working ....gooooooooood day for me :))

out to quick possibly more upside need a break :)))

Well done Dick. Take the rest of the day off. Go to the seaside. Have a paddle. Get hypothermia. Go home have a nice hot chocolate. Do it all again tomorrow.

I did think we would get an up day today after the break of the trendline on the daily, but I am a little surprised by the strength of this move up. I have a trial swing trade on short at the top just now and will hold it till tomorrow and see if we get continuation of the move down. The ES has retraced 100% of the down move since friday evening and not gone much higher, but I will be watching the US open closely later today.