Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I will certainly be buying FTSE 100 today

I will see if i can get a bargain based on panic selling

I will start to average into a long from here 5350 ......

stop loss remains @ 5250

tgt = 5450,5500

it looks like you have been stopped out of this trade?

not good for scalping this morning.. small volumes.. news flow.. have made 30 prices.. lost 30 prices.. made 30 prices .. lost 10.... too hard... off to take a walk.. get a coffee and a flapjack from local gourmet cafe

Maybe the time would be better spent scoping out Woolworths. You need to find a dark zone on the security cameras and at least two escape routes if they make the 999 call. :clap:

Those Spanish bond yields in the auction just announced are horrendous. They jumped from 3.3% to 5.227% for a 6 month note. What would that make the 5 yr note?

Maybe the time would be better spent scoping out Woolworths. You need to find a dark zone on the security cameras and at least two escape routes if they make the 999 call. :clap:

no,no,no ... i want lights, fireworks.. the whole nine yards... I have even invited Pippa to cut the ribbon

not good for scalping this morning.. small volumes.. news flow.. have made 30 prices.. lost 30 prices.. made 30 prices .. lost 10.... too hard... off to take a walk.. get a coffee and a flapjack from local gourmet cafe

John, price action hasn't been great, and I have been mostly up and down a little. I was lucky, I was short when the news event came out at 9:05ish. Having a long bias today could hurt because of the eurobabble going on. I am out of the market right now, just looking for a platform to build from. The structure has gone from the market and it needs some time to sort itself out.

hi all. just started a bund equivalent thread over here

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/mon...ne-scalping-day-trading-bund.html#post1727858

be good to get you guys and all your wisdom involved.

thanks

Good luck with your new thread Steve. I don't trade bunds, but I think DJ does. Give it time and keep posting you should get followers after a short while. I don't understand the bond market at all, but I will have a look in on your thread and see if I can learn something.

thanks guys. these days it's all very much for muchness. The equities guys are watching the bond markets who are watching the sov cds markets who are watching the fx markets whoe are watching the equity markets la la la. we're in a period of truly technical markets which is why we're seeing low liquidity across all assets. people who've made money are staying on the sidelines till year end. those who've lost money cant afford to take more risk now. and why would you. so we get technically driven moves as people try to cut their risk.

if you're trading the ftse i would at least keep an eye on the bund. the relationship between the 2 often gives good hints i find.

my instincts tell me to buy this market and US GDP numbers will beat expectations.. but my head tells me to wait and see...

:confused:

Hi guys

Been away since last here on 10th November. If anyone is interested FTSE has pretty much kept pace with DOW since then although it's bobbed about a bit, both daily and intraday. Daily has run (S)trong 25, (W)eak 47, W14, S 73, W 52, W 3, W 7 and S 22.

With DOW at 12133 on FTSE close - 5517 - on Monday 14 Nov FTSE reached its weakest point of the year so far. It was around 475 lower than it would have been had it kept pace with DOW from the start of the year. It's been weak by about 200 points in the last month, presumably the euro babble and until that's out of the way I guess FTSE shorts will continue to do better £ for £ than DOW ones.

jon

HI Guy's

Nive to see a dedicated FTSE thread that seems objective.

with thanksgiving tomorrow any views as to how the US markets will affect our dear old FTSE?

Thanks

HI Guy's

Nive to see a dedicated FTSE thread that seems objective.

with thanksgiving tomorrow any views as to how the US markets will affect our dear old FTSE?

Thanks

I dont think I will be trading it .. too thin .. FTSE has low volumes anyway.. so any mention of euro babble and swings will be horrible.. I have tried these days before and just became algo fodder.. wont give them the pleasure again

tend to agree with you

Had a tough day getting stopped out on almost every trade ;-(

I just cant seem to go short at these levels, a major fault on my behalf

Thanks for the reply though