Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

just a quick pop in
daughter doing the labour thing - I keep telling her pain is only relative

anyway sideways day looking for high on FTSE 5526 and on DOW 12048 and we do the whole drop thing early next week

Good luck with the arrival of a DC grand junior. I am amazed your daughter didn't hit you with a bedpan when you told her pain was only relative! At least you shouldn't have to deal with the sleepless nights.

So if today is a sideways day, that should make monday a sell short day, with a tick up first thing followed by a larger move down. I can't help but feel the market really wants to pull back to much lower levels from which to buy from.

just a quick pop in
daughter doing the labour thing - I keep telling her pain is only relative

anyway sideways day looking for high on FTSE 5526 and on DOW 12048 and we do the whole drop thing early next week

Congrats DC...

looking at the Bund it clearly has unfinished business at higher prices.. put in a double top.. equities of course will go down.... I am looking for double top confirmation on Bunds to signal the low of equities.

Good luck with the arrival of a DC grand junior. I am amazed your daughter didn't hit you with a bedpan when you told her pain was only relative! At least you shouldn't have to deal with the sleepless nights.

So if today is a sideways day, that should make monday a sell short day, with a tick up first thing followed by a larger move down. I can't help but feel the market really wants to pull back to much lower levels from which to buy from.

thats the one

looking to get shorter than a short person any time soon

Congrats DC...

looking at the Bund it clearly has unfinished business at higher prices.. put in a double top.. equities of course will go down.... I am looking for double top confirmation on Bunds to signal the low of equities.

cheers DJ

many congrats dc2000

looking forward to similar news from DaddyJohn so we change his name to GranddaddyJohn

f

Yes congrats DC.

Big beat on the UofM, i thought the expectations were high too.
Whats going to bring us down now?

DOW like a dentist got to fill those upper gaps

get the feeling they expect Euro breakdown any day?

FTSE just hit 161.8% retracement at 5540, calculated from yesterday's high at 5487.5, and yesterdays pm low of 5402.5. Surprised it got there. It's 4pm, lets see if there is a reversal.

ps I meant to add a target for the downside. It's got to be the 5487.5 level that was tested at least 4 times on the way up.

Does anyone here use Elliot wave theory or any forecasting service that utilises it.

I have also heard of some software called MTPredictor that utilises Elliot and Fibs to help
make projections on target pricing.

I know a group of traders that work together using Elliot and they are very successful.. but I cant get any time with them to understand more of what they do. :smart:

there's a software company called dynamic trader who do some form of ew anlaysis, I don't use it but I gather that it is to do with checking if waves confirm to EW theory. I came across it reading the gartley trading method. Actually the book discusses the merits and vice versa of ew vs just using gartley type patterns to trade 1,3 & 5 waves.

cheers fletchie and reksa

Ive been relegated to brew getter now cant think why - when baby kicks inside it does look like film alien

a great effort by mr b holding up against the odds and with that injury we just have to hope he's ok for the next big game tomorrow:|

crap start for me this week but a great finish...mr b turned out to be a right little superstar :LOL:

congratulations to DC

Am i missing something? This is a strong US open

You have to known that DC probably use widers stops than the books tell you to use... He has deep pockets and so can play ti this way... The fact is he is right..it ismbetter to play with smaller size and wider stops, because the market does generally range ...maybe upwards,downwards or sideways ...but it does swing..so it is only occasionally you are caught out with a large move .... But the market swings 70 pc of the time at least. My problem is that I try and time my entries too precisely.. I.e.to the tick.. Which is crazy.... The key is money mgt... I.e risk,,,,reward

Morning all.. slow start to the week.. have being scalping in and out .. mainly short as FTSE goes to test Fridays highs.. I am thinking this might be a shorting day.. but!!! we are now trading above Friday;s value area high.. usually I will be looking for longs in this area ,, but it hasnt been convincing this morning.. sitting on the fence a bit here now.. Italian auction at 10am and euro/dollar option expiry at 10am NY time:sneaky:

Morning all.. slow start to the week.. have being scalping in and out .. mainly short as FTSE goes to test Fridays highs.. I am thinking this might be a shorting day.. but!!! we are now trading above Friday;s value area high.. usually I will be looking for longs in this area ,, but it hasnt been convincing this morning.. sitting on the fence a bit here now.. Italian auction at 10am and euro/dollar option expiry at 10am NY time:sneaky:

Morning DJ, how do you calculate the value areas - do you have software/indicator to do this?