Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

No matter how much we will this up, there are obviuosly people who want this down. I've done much better today scalping than swing trading. And boy has it been a wild ride this afternoon. Maybe it will go ballistic after 4:30pm.

I am beside myself with grief at closing that short out so early today.

Well done on your day Martin

as stated Liffe is down - but S&P is now going up like a bloody rocket !!!!! cant wait to see FTSE future when it reopens (bloody Liffe - they are always having problems)

Yeah Mark, that's right. Am taking something off the table every time with the first contract. I was letting them run more this morning but when I could have banked a lot more by scalping, I started closing all trades the moment it looked like a stall. No chicken dinner but 100 pts for the day, which could have been a lot better. Today was not a swingers market. A little to choppy maybe and no sustained trends, unless of course you went short at 8am.

True maybe not the best day for trading swings intraday. How do you feel about keeping them on overnight?
Maybe use your IG CFD and take a smaller stake that you would be happy to have a wider stops with, having 2 futures contracts go offside more than 5 points to me would be painful.
If you look at the FTSE 30mc and 1hc RSI to see larger swings I think you will find it easy.
With your scalping skills to get you in the market, I think you will be onto a winner.

Thought I would share some thoughts on my views for the fundamentals in October that could drive a large relief rally.

1) Manufacturing data around the world will improve in October . This is because the summer months are traditionally slow for manf anyway. As companies start planning for their final qtr they will be looking to place orders now in order to complete this years budget cycle. This will be reflected in the ISM data due out early October.

2) On the back of the last 2 weeks jobs data, the market is now going to price in a large upside surprise in Non-Farm Payrolls next week.. and they could be right if my point 1) above holds true.

3) The world will pull together and find a fix for Europe that may see the markets calmed for another few weeks.

4) We are quite likely to see more QE from the UK and the USA are surely to follow

5) Banks etc.. need to ensure a good profit for the final qtr, so assett prices need to increase

are any of you with super duper technical skills in agreement? or are you still grizzly bears?

Thought I would share some thoughts on my views for the fundamentals in October that could drive a large relief rally.

1) Manufacturing data around the world will improve in October . This is because the summer months are traditionally slow for manf anyway. As companies start planning for their final qtr they will be looking to place orders now in order to complete this years budget cycle. This will be reflected in the ISM data due out early October.

2) On the back of the last 2 weeks jobs data, the market is now going to price in a large upside surprise in Non-Farm Payrolls next week.. and they could be right if my point 1) above holds true.

3) The world will pull together and find a fix for Europe that may see the markets calmed for another few weeks.

4) We are quite likely to see more QE from the UK and the USA are surely to follow

5) Banks etc.. need to ensure a good profit for the final qtr, so assett prices need to increase

are any of you with super duper technical skills in agreement? or are you still grizzly bears?

1) Makes sense.

2) Should be better, but not necessarily. Not all people off payroll will claim although most will. Might be setting the market up for a fall. Also on Wed is the ADP, that number set us up big time a few months back.

3) Everyone on board, not likely. I still feel like there is some skeletons waiting to pop out for Europe. Italy, a French bank, who knows!

4) 50:50 on this, read so many articles saying Big Bens hands are tied.

5) For sure.

ST maybe rally to NFP
MT Bearish

Just to add DJ, always like the way you think. You try to see the big picture and factor in everything from forex, oil, options, fundamentals etc etc.

Last edited:
Im in on the DOW 11101 and have left an order at 10995 I would prefer the FTSE to hit and the DOW not get down to that level

Im looking for big points off this in a small timeframe at least 300 today and similar monday but not holding over so may miss 100 or so

OK so you are long dow also ..........and ftse long !!

11100 and 11000 ........

so what is your stop loss on dow jones long ?

looks like holding over

and I was hoping to take next week off

Before I go can you please give us your stop loss on your FTSE and Dow jones long as they are currently in a big loss ?

when will you pull the plug ?

what is your mental stop loss ?

I always give stop loss, entry and exit on all my trades

I kindly request you do the same ?

Before I go can you please give us your stop loss on your FTSE and Dow jones long as they are currently in a big loss ?

when will you pull the plug ?

what is your mental stop loss ?

I always give stop loss, entry and exit on all my trades

I kindly request you do the same ?

tell you what I'll do and you can feel honoured you post your end of month statements from July through to This month and I will do the same.

I have only ever posted my statements once but it was enough.

Martin, I should get these unwanted and irrelevent posts removed---this one, too, once it has servd it's purpose.

DC2000, this had to happen and it's your fault. You've encountered someone who is just as daft as you are and everyone else has to pay for it, this time on a thread that has, always, been peaceful to date.

Martin, I should get these unwanted and irrelevent posts removed---this one, too, once it has servd it's purpose.

DC2000, this had to happen and it's your fault. You've encountered someone who is just as daft as you are and everyone else has to pay for it, this time on a thread that has, always, been peaceful to date.

cleaned

I agree all derogatory posts should be cleaned and removed.

Barjon can I request equal opportunities and justice for my blog too

Can you please remove all of DC2000 posts from my blog as they are very disrespectful and pollute my blog.

I didn't start this , so I am not to blame........I am only defending myself as it is a god given right. I only wanted to give DC2000 a taste of his own medicine, hopefully he understands now how disrespectful it is to go to someones blog and post derogatory comments.......especially when you dont know the person and make false/illegal accusations.

Thank you