Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Nice start to the weekend as long as this DAX keeps going down ! still a gap to fill at 7662 on the cash. Probably get screwed over by the Dow this arvo though ! Standard at mom !

Hi SD and Gang
Great to see some new faces on the thread.
ASX showing some weakness this week, 4690 key hold at the moment.
Some weakness in miners and high CPI in China not helping the bulls today.
Iron ore price should see some pull back, Asia steel mill's are now back in stock.
Anyway back to dodgy internet in the Aussie bush and 30 degrees at 8 pm.

Cheers
Bus

Attachments

• Compare.JPG
    Compare.JPG
    221.5 KB · Views: 118
  • Jan.JPG
    Jan.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 95
Hi SD and Gang
Great to see some new faces on the thread.
ASX showing some weakness this week, 4690 key hold at the moment.
Some weakness in miners and high CPI in China not helping the bulls today.
Iron ore price should see some pull back, Asia steel mill's are now back in stock.
Anyway back to dodgy internet in the Aussie bush and 30 degrees at 8 pm.

Cheers
Bus

yeeeehaaaa

*************************** Bustech *****************************

bustech returns from a well deserved break. how are u

Yes i agree, thing is they are going to try and push some stops above that 1474 level before coming back off, who knows maybe some profit taking as its friday ! If not, a few lunch time pints will obviously make my trading better and everything will seem clear ! :eek::whistle:innocent:

Yep... think that my strategy today..Am having trouble making sense of the markets, so a few beers must surely help.

Yep... think that my strategy today..Am having trouble making sense of the markets, so a few beers must surely help.

Markets very whippy ! Try and stay disciplined with the charts is the key ! Roll on 12 oclock ! Peroni time !

Good mate.

Still on the road for another week, before back home and in the full swing.

excellent. markets have been quiet u have not missed much. VIX very low almost 5 year low. cheap hedging

6100 put hedge for 8 days costs 25pts

Buy this and go long. protected from all moves below 6100

excellent. markets have been quiet u have not missed much. VIX very low almost 5 year low. cheap hedging

6100 put hedge for 8 days costs 25pts

Buy this and go long. protected from all moves below 6100

Thanks SD for the heads up. I don't know much about the options market, but on the face of it what you say looks like a nice way to hedge. So if I went long one contract (ie £10 per pt) on the FTSE futures at 6100, it would cost me 25 points or £250 to hedge that contract. Is that right?

As for the markets, it was interesting to see yesterdays sell off in the afternoon met with some very strong buying into the evening from the US. Just goes to show that there is money looking to buy in on any weakness. Again we have a 20 pt range for the FTSE for all of this mornings trading. Volatility any one?

4 Peroni's later and the market hasnt moved, think today might be the same as yesterday sell off into european close then US late ramp up !

Thanks SD for the heads up. I don't know much about the options market, but on the face of it what you say looks like a nice way to hedge. So if I went long one contract (ie £10 per pt) on the FTSE futures at 6100, it would cost me 25 points or £250 to hedge that contract. Is that right?

As for the markets, it was interesting to see yesterdays sell off in the afternoon met with some very strong buying into the evening from the US. Just goes to show that there is money looking to buy in on any weakness. Again we have a 20 pt range for the FTSE for all of this mornings trading. Volatility any one?

yes, thats right , 25 cost of 6100 put with 8 days to expiry is 25 X 10 = £250 + commission

the low VIX is implying that the options market is not expecting big absolute moves over next 8 days.

most people do options as combinations,

the options council has free on-line course, very short.

The Options Industry Council (OIC)

yes, thats right , 25 cost of 6100 put with 8 days to expiry is 25 X 10 = £250 + commission

the low VIX is implying that the options market is not expecting big absolute moves over next 8 days.

most people do options as combinations,

the options council has free on-line course, very short.

The Options Industry Council (OIC)

Many thanks SD. Will watch the course when I have a moment.

Just noticed GS target 1.37 stop 1.29 ! in real terms this means sell now target 1.29 limit odr !:LOL::cheesy:

Just noticed GS target 1.37 stop 1.29 ! in real terms this means sell now target 1.29 limit odr !:LOL::cheesy:

Super Mario gave the boost and all momentum guys wake up.

That was an easy one to predict, but I was too much focused on the Dow and the Oil :(