Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

not able to post much for a while..

Spent the last few days going through the ftse100 and the dj30 measuring the strength of each individual share....it took ages and gave me a sore butt:(

the idea is to confirm bull/bear strength on these indices ….i'll post the results on here for a while just to see how it goes

ftse 83/100.....that's 83 pos shares 17 neg

dow 18/30

looks really bullish for the ftse but not the dow

of course it's just experimental at the mo:)

Not much change in this today ...ftse dropped 4 dow dropped 1 added 1

ftse
pos 79
neg 21

dow
pos18
neg12

quite a show from the bulls yesterday but nasdaq seems to be bucking the trend:(

morning, not sure what that chart is about ...i'm not using standard indicators for the signals so i'll be interesting to see how it goes...for now it's looking very bullish longer term but it will probably suffer the usual draw downs...all good fun:)

BP = bullish percentage, percentage of stocks that are bullish from a point and figure outlook.

some website look at percentage of stocks above 200day ma

point and figure is reliable so a bullish percentage based on pf is going to be reliable.

Hi all,,, heres an update of the chart I posted last week... we keep expecting a DAX turn .. but it keeps going higher... but notice how it is just hugging the line I showed last week,,, time cycles due this week... so am expecting the turn soon

Attachments

• dax cash.GIF
    dax cash.GIF
    65.6 KB · Views: 139
Hi all,,, heres an update of the chart I posted last week... we keep expecting a DAX turn .. but it keeps going higher... but notice how it is just hugging the line I showed last week,,, time cycles due this week... so am expecting the turn soon

morning DaddyJohn

think some good pmi news out of china is helping dax since china is a german export market

china ETF, FXI can be a lead indicator for DAX

worth adding am only expecting a the turn to last a few days

zorbas, it depends how the Dow closes. I would wait until then

also FTSE ranges have been narrow this makes picking places to short go long very easy

5925/33 is good place to short. but would also represent a break of the down trendline at 5903ish

posted this YESTERDAY, 6:58PM

Dow wed close = FTSE 5914, if FTSE priced in a bullish +50 dow, then FTSE would be at 5940ish

due to low VIX the absolute move in markets over X days is going to be small.

FTSE 5902 looks like it did a false break above 5903 probably to trigger buy stops, and now make them get stopped out

anyone trading DAX may want to use the bund price action as a trigger.

Ed Matts ‏@EdMatts
Interesting that $DAX tends to starts an aggressive drop just as Bunds prepare to enter a 5th wave..(like soonish!)