Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

That's one hell of a reversal, especially on the Dow. not sure if it was prompted by a news item.

Amazing run. When I left the office it was going over the cliff.
I stopped in the market to make some shopping and when I arrived home it was in the stratosphere.

Anyone considering any shorts at these levels ? It seems strong enough.

I stopped in the market to make some shopping and when I arrived home it was in the stratosphere.

same here I went out also, was short ftse. with stops at 5903 and long dax with additional orders above.

got stopped out of FTSE but got 10pts out of Dax long

zorbas, it depends how the Dow closes. I would wait until then

also FTSE ranges have been narrow this makes picking places to short go long very easy

5925/33 is good place to short. but would also represent a break of the down trendline at 5903ish

zorbas, it depends how the Dow closes. I would wait until then

also FTSE ranges have been narrow this makes picking places to short go long very easy

5925/33 is good place to short. but would also represent a break of the down trendline at 5903ish

Cac is the strongest of all. It moves only in an upward track, and barely looks down.

Didn't short yet. If I do it will be a little later to catch a down move until the close. With a tight stop of course.

Does anybody know when is ex-div date for FTSE, DAX, CAC etc ?
Where can one find this info ?

Does anybody know when is ex-div date for FTSE, DAX, CAC etc ?
Where can one find this info ?

Never been able to find a global ex-div date website, someone should invent an app for the i-phone/pad.

The DAX is a performance index which means that dividends to not get taken out of the price in the same manner as the other Indices. This means that all dividends and other cash events paid out to shareholders are included in the index price. When measuring the performance over a given time period, the performance-based index will add in any dividend amounts to the net share price before calculating the index return.

FTSE goes ex-div close of business each Tuesday
I just google this each Monday, just change date.
Google

Don't know about the CAC, but most global markets pay on a daily basis, be warned the amount can change right upto the close.

Mon Dec 3, 2012 1:34pm GMT
London Dec.3 (Reuters) - The following FTSE 100 companies will go
ex-dividend on Wednesday, after which investors will no longer qualify for the
latest dividend payout.
According to Reuters calculations at current market prices, the effect of
the resulting adjustment to prices by market-makers would take 1.92 points off
the index.

COMPANY (RIC) DIVIDEND INDEX IMPACT
(pence) (points)
Aberdeen Asset 7.10 0.25
Management
Associated 20.00 0.27
British Food
Carnival 25.00 cents 0.11
Carnival 50.00 cents 0.22
special div
Land Securities 7.40 0.23
SABMiller 24.00 cents 0.55
Severn Trent 30.34 0.29

Ex-divs to take 1.9 points off FTSE 100 on Dec 5 | Reuters

Thanks guys, I guess the adjustments by SB firms for any divs, apply only on Rolling Dailys and not in the futures.

Morning All
BHP +0.52%
RIO +0.96%
Both a long way from their highs.
Bit of risk off feel creeping in the ASX.
Hong Kong drifting lower after a higher open.
No follow through to the upside with the Shanghai Composite, currently down 0.50%.