Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

EURUSD going higher but FTSE going lower, they seem to have disengaged

I think the indexes will retrace some of yesterdays sell off. The EUR/USD is leading the way. My target is 1.2800 Just a matter of picking the right moment (as always...)

Going to try another long on the hour...5692 x5

Last edited:
That Motley Crew would do well to follow trades within this thread...................:D

before they could only trade £3 ftse , now they can trade anything, God help them.

what sort of trading did they receive? dont cityindex realise this is NOT a good advertisement?

on the table they got 6 contestants, they should add cityindex as the 7th, the more the suckers trade the more money cityindex makes,

trade2win used to run a trading competition, it was great. wonder if they still got the results from those many years ago.

I think the indexes will retrace some of yesterdays sell off. The EUR/USD is leading the way. My target is 1.2800 Just a matter of picking the right moment (as always...)

Going to try another long on the hour...5692 x5

Closing this as no movement in 30 mins

us10yr surging and eurusd heading for daily highs, might assist FTSE higher

AUD heading south(1.034), 24 hours ago looking for 1.05
Hong Kong and Japan furtures are up strong at the moment.
Might find some buying support on Friday.

I have not really been around that long, most of my 6000 posts I would guess have been done on this thread and wallstreet's thread past 3 years I would guess.

trading is like standing in a betting shop and analysing horses, in the long run the betting shops will slice 5% of everything you bet.

trading is like standing in a betting shop and analysing horses, in the long run the betting shops will slice 5% of everything you bet.

My opinion of the most important part of Trading is Patience Patience Patience........:)

Am sure we have all done it on numerous occasions by entering trades for want of "getting a trade on"...........

Certainly I have without question, but curbing that Impulsive Trading you learn over time........

My opinion of the most important part of Trading is Patience Patience Patience........:)

Am sure we have all done it on numerous occasions by entering trades for want of "getting a trade on"...........

Certainly I have without question, but curbing that Impulsive Trading you learn over time........

discipline is hard, i find using pivots helps since they are a line in the sand to trade around.

there is something inside that always thinks buying bottoms is a good idea, do not know why,
as jungerns say "buy strength and sell weakness" is the way to go.

in that cityindex academy i notice the ones who do the fewest trades tend to be higher up the "leader board"

Go on, I'll give it a go, samirs :)

I've been at this for well over 30 years and upped the pace when I retired 12 years ago. I'm forever just a retail trader - haven't the balls to be playing big money - and I'm nowhere near a millionaire, although it's a pleasant and challenging hobby which pays for the odd holiday and a car now and then.

I simply couldn't do it for a living - those balls again - and every time time I've upped the ante much beyond the equivalent of £5pp on ftse disaster has struck. It's all in the mind - easy to walk along a 4 inch plank when it's on the floor, but hair raisingly difficult when the plank is 100 feet up in the air.

I was not referring to your number of posts. My reference was the number of years of trading. You came 3rd in a competition on this forum in 2002 (10 yrs ago). So definitely you have vast amount of trading experience. I think it is that sharing would also be very useful and what keeps you going.

I am just an ordinary person who likes trading, "vast amount of knowledge" I do not think I have that vast amount of knowledge,

I think their is a "correct" way to trade, i post those Anton Kreil trader meeting videos since that to me represents a sound method to trading, trade like a hedge fund.

find a sector that is strong, lets say general retail, go long the strongest stock and against that short a weaker stock. this is the soundest way to trade with the lowest risk and possibility of loss.

the best way to use the stock market is to have an appropriate mix of bonds and stocks, the stock part being held via a low cost passive index tracker, doing this u will beat 95% of all fund managers and possible 80% of all hedge funds. the earlier u start the better. from John Bogle of Vanguard Funds

this is an excellent read
http://www.dailyspeculations.com/vic/goodboy_interview.html