Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I'll be short sometime next week as the old 089 has popped up on the calcs again

what's your stop / limit levels?

Roughly about 5500 (or 2 closes above 5450) and tgt 5100,5000,4900 but I'll wait to see what happens.
There is some divergence between the FTSE and the US indexes at the moment.

Last edited:
I guess I don't understand why we are now above where we were before Fitch announced the downgrades for Spain and Italy. But it means the US traders and DC2000 have looked at the news and decided to ignore it. Now I think these downgrades are very bad news fr the medium term and how can the markets ignore it, but that is exactly what they are doing for now. Maybe monday morning they will see it differently.

Hi DC
Are your longs still open? What target?

Sam

Hi Sam I have DOW long at moment jumped off at 11187 and back on 11153 target 11253

The 11022 is still target on the DOW and FTSE has target below where this would hit so I will be looking at a short sometime next week probably wednesday

I guess I don't understand why we are now above where we were before Fitch announced the downgrades for Spain and Italy. But it means the US traders and DC2000 have looked at the news and decided to ignore it. Now I think these downgrades are very bad news fr the medium term and how can the markets ignore it, but that is exactly what they are doing for now. Maybe monday morning they will see it differently.

Yes Martin. Will be another interesting week next week. Have a good weekend.

Thanks for starting a good thread and keeping it clean & healthy. Of course with the help of contributions from DC, DJ, DL and other fantastic posters.

Hi Sam I have DOW long at moment jumped off at 11187 and back on 11153 target 11253

The 11022 is still target on the DOW and FTSE has target below where this would hit so I will be looking at a short sometime next week probably wednesday

Thanks DC....it was overall a good week in the end...

Yes Martin. Will be another interesting week next week. Have a good weekend.

Thanks for starting a good thread and keeping it clean & healthy. Of course with the help of contributions from DC, DJ, DL and other fantastic posters.

well said samirs i'll second that, good company and a great host:D

well done martin you got three yes's your through to the next round:clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:
well said samirs i'll second that, this is a great place to learn, good company and a great host:D

well done martin you got three yes's your through to the next round:clap::clap::clap:

Third it. A very good thread. Serious but sometimes humorous, thank you Martin and the
talented core contributors.

well said samirs i'll second that, this is a great place to learn, good company and a great host:D

Not sure about the learning, it's mostly people just giving trades and targets innit? :)

Hi y'all hope your weekend was pleasant.

I think current sentiment and price action still favour higher highs this week, but with earnings season now upon us and potential for further Euro shocks then I will be very diligent on news flow this week. The news this weekend that Merkel and Sarkozy got together and said we will do whatever it takes, though just a passing line and nothing we haven't heard before gives the market the excuse to focus on the earnings season. First up will be Alcoa on Tuesday... watch out for buy the rumour sell the fact price moves.

On the ftse charts I can see a three track channel we are trading in, having broken through each track, we must now watch out for price rentering the lower channels. Offering good rally points.

5235 is fridays low and 5348 is the high. we close near the lows so the low will be a key reference point for me tomorrow. Below 5235 we have a buying zone of 5145-5171-5200, below 5145 sees 5100 but would be very surprised to get near this tomorrow. Potential highs tomorrow for me is 5393-5417 and I favour the odds of these highs coming later in the day.

I know DC will have far better specifics , but I hope the above helps for those scalpers looking for levels and direction to trade off.

All news flow related but I would say a retrace to 5200/5100 before moving higher is in order.
Still range trade territory.

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 151
Thanks for all the nice compliments and of course to my fellow posters adding such useful content. I hope we can all learn together and make a nice living at a difficult game.

evening chaps
plan for me this week buy everything

tomorrow on the FTSE I would like to see a lower low and higher high than Friday 226 to 376 is where calc is pointing
I would like to buy the DOW 11022 so will use that as a guide when buying FTSE

FTSE has 400 points to target and DOW 800 so should be fun the DOW has produced low target and Im sure FTSE will do the same this week

1st target DOW 251 2nd 304 I will use the FTSE new highs to give DOW exits if they come early in the day in the UK session

by wednesday I will tire of buying me thinks and will start selling but depends on targets hit by then