Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

AUDUSD looks like its in freefall, aus rate cuts? the 3 year aus government debt must be booming

your crystal ball working very well

2.30 pm UK - Draghi speech holding up European indices in expectation of further bazooka

it'll be interesting to see how the markets react with the us closed....is it a bear or a bull bazooka?

Dow action friday needs to be digested so in theory Dow should be flat to down on closing basis, but the extended weekend usually is bullish, so hard to see how it will go

current ftse high 5755 = dow +82pts

Dow action friday needs to be digested so in theory Dow should be flat to down on closing basis, but the extended weekend usually is bullish, so hard to see how it will go

current ftse high 5755 = dow +82pts

yes, but that more to do with ftse catching up

about 13:00pm Friday ftse was 5746 with dow at around 13068 - so from there they not far apart.

I was about to pack in but you guys seem to be expecting some action this afternoon, so will hang around.

well if it does it's holiday thing it'll go back near the open(US) ...ftse will keep some gains but of course this draghi thing could skew everything

yes, but that more to do with ftse catching up

about 13:00pm Friday ftse was 5746 with dow at around 13068 - so from there they not far apart.

Barjon I use 1 min chart with 50 period ma, then compare the readings,

the ratio at 4.35pm friday was 2.89

for SP500 it was 4.0523

by using the 50period ma on 1 min chart, it is very accurate, rather than looking at the last price

Last edited:
I'm still expecting a bearish correction, probably to where we began today, perhaps c5700. After that I'm for some new highs.

well if it does it's holiday thing it'll go back near the open(US) ...ftse will keep some gains but of course this draghi thing could skew everything

FTSE has priced in dow +82 if dow should fall tomorrow by 60pts it would put FTSE below 5695

I think this is more chop before the drop but a 2 hour close high above the 31/8/12 close would IMO be an indication of bullishness for the rest of the week.

We made a new high. Obviously a bearish correction is going to happen eventually but I thought it would have occurred before a new high. My prediction was wrong.