Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Re entered just above taken out Shorts of earlier and back to just break even........
Hold or not I am uncertain.....

Edited in.....Holding the Shorts..

If anyone is interested in GBP/USD my tame traders in Aus and New Zealand have gone long with 1.63 at target......
These two guys are big players although I disagree with their call. Time will tell and they are rarely wrong on longer term trades....

Caveat emptor.........!!

Is that a "real" trading instrument, sd? With US closed today I guess most US stuff is proxy?

The Global Dow℠ is a 150-stock index of the most innovative, vibrant and influential corporations from around the world. The underlying philosophy of The Global Dow℠ is much like that of the Dow Jones Industrial Average. For example, the index includes companies with a long history of success, and a wide following among investors. Its components, like those of The Dow, are selected by the Averages Committee, which is comprised of the Managing Editor of The Wall Street Journal, the head of Dow Jones Indexes research and the head of CME Group research. While stock selection is not governed by quantitative rules, a stock typically is added only if the company has an excellent reputation, demonstrates sustained growth and is of interest to a large number of investors. Maintaining adequate sector representation within the index is also a consideration in the selection process.

But unlike the Industrial Average, The Global Dow℠ tracks leading companies from around the world—and not just based on size and reputation, but also on their promise for the future. In recognition that global wealth is no longer concentrated in a few countries, The Global Dow℠ has been designed to cover both developed and emerging economies—as well as companies from emerging sectors, such as alternative energy. The index reflects, as closely as possible, the global stock market as it is today, in terms of industries and regions. But emphasis is placed on also representing the global leaders of tomorrow.

Dow Jones Averages | The Global Dow | Overview

Thanks sd, but that doesn't indicate if it's a real tradeable instrument or just something people like SB companies will produce a proxy instrument for trading purposes (like ftse)

Is that a "real" trading instrument, sd? With US closed today I guess most US stuff is proxy?

GDOW vs FTSE GDOW is available in two currencies Dollar and Euro

Attachments

• gdow ftse.png
    gdow ftse.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 109
Thanks sd, but that doesn't indicate if it's a real tradeable instrument or just something people like SB companies will produce a proxy instrument for trading purposes (like ftse)

I think it is tradable, it is hard to get historical data for it though,

this claims to be real time GDOW. the platform I use have created a synthetic version of GDOW, think real one requires licence

live? GDOW
GDOW Quote Today - Global Dow Realtime USD Quote - WSJ.com

there is an ETF listed on ARCA exchange DGT which is tradable. friday close was 52.38

Thanks, sd. The reason I ask is that I've never really been able to get my head round why an index - which just reflects the aggregate movement of its weighted constituents - should "respond" to TA supply and demand type analysis.

I can understand that on something directly tradeable like the futures and they obviously have a knock-on effect to the index. But to apply TA to the index has always seemed somewhat second-hand to me.

thanks....you yourself dont seem trust their call then perhaps not much value to complete strangers

:D

With US holiday I cannot show much enthusiasm for what is happening to me, this morning.

-10; +1.3; +4.5 (still open and short). However, this looks like a very dull day.

Famous last words.

Stopped at B/E as I wrote so, Net loss, so far is 8.7

a nice new high for noon would be nice.....but have we topped & tailed?....maybe another nudge at 1410 for the s&p :)

Good morning all. I think the top of this bull run is in and we'll be back down to where we began this morning. I'm bullish after that.

Thanks, sd. The reason I ask is that I've never really been able to get my head round why an index - which just reflects the aggregate movement of its weighted constituents - should "respond" to TA supply and demand type analysis.

I can understand that on something directly tradeable like the futures and they obviously have a knock-on effect to the index. But to apply TA to the index has always seemed somewhat second-hand to me.

this would mean that TA would not work on SP500 Dow FTSE100, but it does seem to work, maybe when FTSE or Dow crosses some significant fib or ma people buy the constituents expecting strenght

the futures/cash index is interesting which one leads? or are robots just ironing out any large discrepancy

on GDOW i just use the pivots to know if market is bearish /bullish which works fine

Hi SD, very good use of the GDOW as a direction proxy for the market.

How can one trade CFDs on this instrument DGT ?

Thanks

long time since I traded cfd's but why not just trade the ETF? in my experience the CFD company are happy to add/create a CFD for any stock u want to trade.

long time since I traded cfd's but why not just trade the ETF? in my experience the CFD company are happy to add/create a CFD for any stock u want to trade.

with the CFD you can leverage 1:20 or 1:50, while with the ETF not, at least in my broker.