Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

The buyer impulse was also fueled by fast money which considered excessive losses from previous sessions. In the debt market, yields continue to retreat, with 10-year interest rates approaching 2.80%.

At the current stage, investors are concerned about the protectionist rhetoric of the Trump Administration that could trigger reactions in Europe and China.

Early weekend calls, better open than I planned, so take what it gives and dont get greedy.

W87 have you deleted a post re "why you post" ?

I was going to comment on how good it was, but it's gone..... did you say something to upset the mod gods ;)

Anyway, good post, totally agree with your mindset, time is precious, so spending it wisely pays dividends, may as well wait for some decent pace & trade the fade (easier said than done of course) side side side oh look it's carrying on north etc !

Just getting back into it myself after a spell away from the Dax beast.

I've got a belligerent hard a nails northerner on my case to get back in :)))

Historically, trade wars have no winners, but only defeated. In the 1930s, one of the reasons for the prolongation of the Great Depression was the decision of several countries to repeatedly promote the depreciation of their currencies in order to increase the competitiveness of their exports. This other form of trade war was driven by a continuous recession of these economies and by the general impoverishment of populations. At the current stage, the barometers to gauge investor sentiment on this issue are the metal producer sectors and the automobile, as the latter appears to be the next to be targeted by President Trump’s protectionist policy.

W87 have you deleted a post re "why you post" ?

I was going to comment on how good it was, but it's gone..... did you say something to upset the mod gods ;)

Anyway, good post, totally agree with your mindset, time is precious, so spending it wisely pays dividends, may as well wait for some decent pace & trade the fade (easier said than done of course) side side side oh look it's carrying on north etc !

Just getting back into it myself after a spell away from the Dax beast.

I've got a belligerent hard a nails northerner on my case to get back in :)))

No, I took it off personally as I did not want it to come across as posturing, as I always say each to their own, so did not want to sound like this way is better than that way etc.

Just comes down to what a forum is for? Then you question why one posts trades anyway? For me, like you saw it was to share what I was showing my buddy. Done it now so all good, and I think he can see the reason, well I hope he can now:mad:

Trade the fade - like it - just keep the stop in place, and at the right time of the day a high strike rate should be achievable.

G/L with getting back to it!

The trade deficit deteriorated in January, having reached the maximum of the last 10 years (56 600 M.USD). The trade balance deficit was higher than estimated due to the 1.30% drop in exports, which is explained by the lower sales of aircraft and their components to foreign countries. Imports remained virtually unchanged. Interestingly, steel imports, which are at the heart of the recent controversy over tariffs, have remained broadly unchanged.

European stock markets ended the session with valuations, albeit contained. On one hand, there was pressure on the tariffs on imports of steel and aluminum imposed by President Donald Trump, and this theme was rekindled after President Trump said that in addition to Candá and Mexico, US trading partners who have a fair competitive position could also be exempt from such taxes. On the other hand, markets were favored by the US employment report, as well as reports that North Korean leader Kim Jong Un offered to stop nuclear and missile tests and the US president agreed to a meeting of two leaders that may happen before May.

European markets started the week on an upward trend, with the exception of the London stock exchange that closed slightly lower. In the business context, the highlight is the news about the merger of two of the largest companies in the German energy sector: EON will buy Innogy, RWE’s renewable energy company, thus becoming owner of the retail and energy transport units of both companies, while RWE will keep the renewables business as well as part of EON. The business is valued at 22 000 M. €. In this way, the utilities sector led the gains: RWE rose 9.29% and E.ON gained 5.54%. On the other hand, Britain’s GKN initially reacted positively to the fact that Melrose has increased its offer by the company to a value around 11240 M.USD. However, it later reversed this trend, ending up with a loss of over 2%. The uncertainty associated with US customs duties, which could trigger a trade war, continues to influence and condition the behavior of financial markets.

The European technology sector recovered almost all of the losses suffered in February, while the Nasdaq has already reached new highs. However, the US technology sector accounts for 25% of that country's market, while in Europe the weight of the technology sector stands at a mere 6%. If we compare the technological sector to an engine and its weight to its power, it is easy to see why the American market performs better than the European one.

Head and Shoulders?

Attachments

• H&S2.JPG
    H&S2.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 113
Just so there is value in actually posting/calling a trade.

Major zones in play - stars being the area to look for trades.

Targets totally up the the individual.

Less points but higher hit rate, but if gunning for the big 'un have to be cool with price coming back on you, will mean lower hit rate but bigger wins.

Each to their own.

Can make this business as complex or as clear as one needs/wants to.

Value areas/zones have to be created using information deemed important by the user - ultimately this makes the method unique to the individual(y)

Attachments

• SP 14.3.18.jpg
    SP 14.3.18.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 100
In Frankfurt, Adidas shares jumped 11.58 percent after the sporting goods company announced a significant stock buyback program, boosting prospects for 2018 and boosting its profit forecast for 2020, given the rapid growth of online trading.

Despite continued fears about global trade, European markets have soared, boosted by economic data and published business results. Most sectors traded higher, despite the relative underperformance of telecommunications companies and producers of raw materials.

The growing tension between the UK (supported by a number of European countries) and Russia may begin to negatively affect the stocks of companies with heavy exposure to this this country. The European sectors most exposed to the Russian economy are oil, automotive, beverages and luxury goods.