Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

may have to wait until an upside break occurs as the S&P did not fall as hard as the dow.

Sometimes have to pass on various moves (ie a long), wont get them all.

Ah - hold until you fold. Dont mind doing that on VIX (when its low) but that could mean being tied up a while and the carry costs involved will affect the eventual outcome also(n)

Ah, some confusion.

As I remember, it was his first shot at investing as opposed to trading.

After purchasing his third lot of shares he quipped, "so this is what it feels like to be an investor" :LOL:

Ah, some confusion.

As I remember, it was his first shot at investing as opposed to trading.

After purchasing his third lot of shares he quipped, "so this is what it feels like to be an investor" :LOL:

I get you now - context is key as they say.

Forgot that feeling at present. Most trades lasting no more than 2 mins average. Just doing this offline to show a buddy whats possible in 1 hours daily sessions with 30 pts default stops. The conditions at present do help mind you.

Leaving it here - highs look to be on the cards again, but this time dow has overtaken S&P in the race to that level!!

Admitting that I havent got NQ up alongside:whistling

I get you now - context is key as they say.

Forgot that feeling at present. Most trades lasting no more than 2 mins average. Just doing this offline to show a buddy whats possible in 1 hours daily sessions with 30 pts default stops. The conditions at present do help mind you.

Assuming you mean increased volatility.

With that in mind and your thoughts on "time". For me, increased volatility is much easier to trade based on time methods as I feel that my time spent is better rewarded in terms of screen time. Also, in slow markets there is a kind of lethargy creeps in to decision making, which doesn't really exist in faster moves. Decisions can and have to be made much quicker, which I feel are more aligned with how humans operate.

Assuming you mean increased volatility.

With that in mind and your thoughts on "time". For me, increased volatility is much easier to trade based on time methods as I feel that my time spent is better rewarded in terms of screen time. Also, in slow markets there is a kind of lethargy creeps in to decision making, which doesn't really exist in faster moves. Decisions can and have to be made much quicker, which I feel are more aligned with how humans operate.

Bang on!!!

Is that a human weakness? Or is it self awareness of how we are fundamentally programmed, and as such we must trade to suit our biological make up. Can we change that part of our design? Do we need to?

That was my point on the other thread - ie its up to us to choose the market we trade, follow the volatility:clap:

Nice chat!! Funny thread to happen in mind, but nice none-the- less.

I see S&P has fallen and bounced of 43/44 which was an action zone (may offer a bounce?).

Anyway that's the way it is.

A nice pot of PG is calling me

I see S&P has fallen and bounced of 43/44 which was an action zone (may offer a bounce?).

Anyway that's the way it is.

A nice pot of PG is calling me

This being the zone.

Problem being, most are drawn to look at the big down move, and dont really apply value to what is most likely the highest probability play.

Not to suggest no one can take the move down, but what is the stop, what is the RR, what is the risk as %age on acc?? The the individual can decide how they want to play.

Attachments

• SP big (1).jpg
    SP big (1).jpg
    92 KB · Views: 56
  • SP big (2).jpg
    SP big (2).jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 60
The next S&P zone was 37 :whistling

But as CV did allude to, in previous conditions we had to wait maybe 2 sessions for the zones to come into play, now the buggers are popping up every hour.

Just dont try to get a mega move of them, dont be greedy. Have a plan and be fast.
Snooze you lose!

Outta here - PG has gone well cold

Rare evening slot, just come back to see if the US sets up a flag while I have a spare hour.

Nice momentum upside, so worth a little wait, if it dont break - no trade.

Still waiting, fallen right through the 430 zone with nothing on the bid meaning most likely the upside momentum to be fake.

Will stay away from this, until tomorrow.