Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

we can safely say since brexit the ftse 100 has been pegged to the british pound matching over 80 percent inverse correlation on daily moves. The question is how long will/can this continue? ...

Yes I've been watching that, but the effect does appear to be weakening. I've been watching the pound fall this morning and watching the FTSE go with it.

16th Jan

Expect a little currency 'intervention' by Mr Carney today. ;)

Obviously central banks dont manipulate currency :whistling but thats what I would have done if I was the Guv'ner. ;)

Attachments

• Guvnr.png
    Guvnr.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 117
Yes I've been watching that, but the effect does appear to be weakening. I've been watching the pound fall this morning and watching the FTSE go with it.

Only thing for certain is if you keep your positions open overnight the stakes are getting higher. One wrong move could be a royal screw up

Other than against the yen the pound has been rising this morning or are my screens are all broken!

So £ up ftse down again as is the norm since brexit.

Other than against the yen the pound has been rising this morning or are my screens are all broken!

We talking pound strength or dollar weakness?

Depends on your perspective.

Expand your time frame see what correlation you get then :rolleyes:

We talking pound strength or dollar weakness?

Depends on your perspective.

Expand your time frame see what correlation you get then :rolleyes:

I referenced specifically this morning nothing else and £ is up against $ € A$

Since Brexit as commented by Joseph £ down ftse up and the reverse, nothing deeper than that here. Roll your eyes elsewhere -))

I referenced specifically this morning nothing else and £ is up against $ € A$

Since Brexit as commented by Joseph £ down ftse up and the reverse, nothing deeper than that here. Roll your eyes elsewhere -))

You really are on the ball, great stuff. You should play for Arsenal (y)

You really are on the ball, great stuff. You should play for Arsenal (y)

My knees are gone unfortunately, rugby was my game.

Not sure why you commented really or tried to say but hey it's a forum and it's all good.

My knees are gone unfortunately, rugby was my game.

Not sure why you commented really or tried to say but hey it's a forum and it's all good.

I was half genuine. Honest. I used to support Arsenal too, my football team when I was in London. Now I support Brighton. Yay!

Reason is because you are always accurate, precise and spot mistakes.

Top man. All good.

My post was at 9 am.
From 8am when the ftse opened it moved 63 points DOWN which is quite a move for her.
In the same timescale £/$ move from 1.2462 to 1.2425 that DOWN as well.

During this week the Earnings Season in Europe gains more intensity, since a greater number of companies will present their quarterly accounts. However, the energy sector may be influenced by the Reuters news that energy ministers from OPEC countries and other major oil producers have reported a positive start to the reduction of oil production. During the Asian session, the Dollar depreciated, with the Euro reaching the highest level of the last month. This afternoon will be disclosed the consumer confidence index for the Euro Zone during January, which is expected to recover from the previous -5.1 to -4.8.

S&P filling that 2263.69 gap open from Friday morning (as always).
Dow doesnt give a crap about gaps.

Positive close today on US markets.

My post was at 9 am.
From 8am when the ftse opened it moved 63 points DOWN which is quite a move for her.
In the same timescale £/$ move from 1.2462 to 1.2425 that DOWN as well.

Not to be picky but ftse opens 08.00 at 7153 at 09.00 opened at 7136 for a net -17 not 63. GU opens 57 at 08.00 opens 25 09.00.
Ftse was priced down all morning but your time reference was just 17 as stated. You have a trumps attention to detail I see, no doubt I'll be harangued now for being nothing but accurate!

In general it's easier just to bypass the tosh and leave it alone and people can post anything.

Now like that Atilla 😉

If it were as simple as currency goes up index goes down then the following would happen.

GBP goes up dollar goes down.
FTSE would go Down, Dow would go up!

Does anyone see an inverse correlation between the ftse and the dow? Because I dont.

If it were as simple as currency goes up index goes down then the following would happen.

GBP goes up dollar goes down.
FTSE would go Down, Dow would go up!

Does anyone see an inverse correlation between the ftse and the dow? Because I dont.

Instead of more tosh you could explain how you got 63 points from 17.

Or at least this.

My #ftsepostingcockups are huge, the biggest ever. Why is anyone else trying, they are just sad losers. Period!