Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Yesterday's rise was also fueled by the shortage of liquidity. Most fund managers is still on vacation, and only returned next Tuesday after the Labor Day.

Next time, do not add to positions like that. Not a nice feeling. Accept to take losers......even if it stops you out and goes in your favour.

Easier said than done.

I f**ked me self over going long on EUR/USD last Friday...adding to forever falling EURO....and ended up accepting £2k loss which am now trying to recover.

Easier said than done.

I f**ked me self over going long on EUR/USD last Friday...adding to forever falling EURO....and ended up accepting £2k loss which am now trying to recover.

Sorry to hear that, I've being there in my informative years and lost my first 2 pots of dosh, I learnt the hard way. I now never trade without a stop, and any stop now is planned before I execute a trade, and allows losses to be just a normal part of a winning strategy, IMHO, never add to a losing trade, get out, dust yourself down and take the next signal you get, don't dwell on losses:confused:, chin up.

I agree Dinos.

Long trade was taken out of frustration as previously missed going long on that pair earlier on the week and on Friday, after Yellen's Friday pop, I thought, this is it, it wont fall and will head towards 11400.....

Initially had long orders @ 11235, it spiked down to 11240 twice earlier last week....so Friday seeing Euro at 11280, I thought it was a bargain long....then I kept adding until my stop was 11220. Glad I didn't add further as its now trading 11170s!

I agree Dinos.

Long trade was taken out of frustration as previously missed going long on that pair earlier on the week and on Friday, after Yellen's Friday pop, I thought, this is it, it wont fall and will head towards 11400.....

Initially had long orders @ 11235, it spiked down to 11240 twice earlier last week....so Friday seeing Euro at 11280, I thought it was a bargain long....then I kept adding until my stop was 11220. Glad I didn't add further as its now trading 11170s!

The word "I thought" has a lot to answer for, when I removed it from my trading along with expected, assumed, anticipated, my trading improved tremendously, rather than trying to assume what might happen, I trade what is happening, what I see, and I never hold over night. All of course IMHO matey. Rob

Disappointed with the pa and taking some off here 425.
It will probably go back to unchanged on the day now. :rolleyes:

I've closed all my position at 439 for a profit.
They say theres no such thing as a bad profit, but that was not a good trade.

Might be a few bed time short orders for me.

Bedtime order misses by 2 or 3 points, had a few more a bit higher, sigh

Oh well 1st of Spring tomorrow.:D

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 75