Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Hi joseph1986,
May I ask how you're managing this trade? You're entry looked good to me and the trade was on side and good for +16 or so before the reversal just above 10,620. If you're still in it, you'll be offside circa -25 or so. I ask because I struggle when price meanders around in a relatively tight range as the Dax has been doing this morning.

No need to reply unless you're happy to!
;)
Tim.

Tim
you would like to know if I'm in the trade.
No I'm not.

Been trading since 2002? That's a long time.
If I may ask what triggered you to ask an amateur such as myself for help? Has someone put in a good word?
;)

. . . Been trading since 2002? That's a long time.
If I may ask what triggered you to ask an amateur such as myself for help? Has someone put in a good word?
;)
Hi Joseph,
I think you've misinterpreted my question! I wasn't asking for help, merely taking an interest in another member's trade as you happened to have entered your short at a point where I too had a short entry signal but decided not to take it on account of the broad equilibrium between buyers and sellers.

Regarding your 'amateur' status - I've always been of the view that seasoned pros (not that I'm one of those, lol) can learn almost as much from novices/amateurs as the other way around.
Tim.

Hi Joseph,
I think you've misinterpreted my question! I wasn't asking for help, merely taking an interest in another member's trade as you happened to have entered your short at a point where I too had a short entry signal but decided not to take it on account of the broad equilibrium between buyers and sellers.

Regarding your 'amateur' status - I've always been of the view that seasoned pros (not that I'm one of those, lol) can learn almost as much from novices/amateurs as the other way around.
Tim.

Close your position only if ftse surpasses 24th highs by 10 points

Hi Joseph,

Tim.

If you go long on the dow that should hedge you pretty well, ftse surpassing that point would essentially mean a positive day for dow.
If dow falls early or even closes in the negative 200 points even.
WHATEVER. YOU. DO. DON'T. CLOSE. YOUR. LONG. POSITION.

I took a hit shorting DOW 18467.....(out at -35pips)

18505 last piece of MA resistant on 4hourly...

DOW still trading under that 18505 mark but did spike out 18525.

Jittery trading til NFP - Worth staying on the side line until Thursday? Have a quiet trading week? (n)