Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

For me it doesn't really matter where they are heading, I don't give a damn, so long as it offers trading opportunities and gives a signal, I'll trade it without having a longer term bias of direction.

FTSE 'should be' exactly where she is. I think your model should be predicting a different answer. ;)

lol. seriously?

This is non manipulated data on UK VOLUME
You have the downward spiral then you have the desperate attempts to try to increase volume by the london stock exchange....as you can see ....this is last 2 years and it's pretty much falling and stagnant....You have the stoxx 50 that's up .68% and the uk which is barely up a tenth of a percent......This is why investors are scratching their heads....and eventually migrating to the dax which is seeing a correction in their volumes but will rebound significantly. You could say this is because the falling oil prices but....the asx is above .70% change and its more dependent on oil compared to the ftse.

Attachments

• damn.png
    damn.png
    37 KB · Views: 61
lol. seriously?

You have the downward spiral then you have the desperate attempts to try to increase volume by the london stock exchange......

That's a mighty fancy chart, but if it says the ftse should be at 6800 and it isn't, then its not the ftse that's wrong ...

Is there a DAX prediction competition anywhere, similar to the S&P one? if not, would anyone be interested?

Got some cheap August 9800 puts. I reckon we'll see 9800ish sometime this week or early next week.

lol. seriously?

You have the downward spiral then you have the desperate attempts to try to increase volume by the london stock exchange....as you can see ....this is last 2 years and it's pretty much falling and stagnant....You have the stoxx 50 that's up .68% and the uk which is barely up a tenth of a percent......This is why investors are scratching their heads....and eventually migrating to the dax which is seeing a correction in their volumes but will rebound significantly. You could say this is because the falling oil prices but....the asx is above .70% change and its more dependent on oil compared to the ftse.

Leaving the FTSE to fend for itself while trying other places has, I have found, been a mistake in August. Don't ask me when, in August! It just has! For me, it's been a lot of years! :D Some years, it has been at the beginning and other years towards the end and into September.

This is an observation---not a tip!

lol. seriously?

The DAX is a performance index which means that dividends to not get taken out of the price in the same manner as the other Indices. This means that all dividends and other cash events paid out to shareholders are included in the index price. When measuring the performance over a given time period, the performance-based index will add in any dividend amounts to the net share price before calculating the index return.

Will keep some fund managers away from the DAX.

That's a mighty fancy chart, but if it says the ftse should be at 6800 and it isn't, then its not the ftse that's wrong ...

The chart just says people aren't trading the ftse...
..I had my monthly forecast for ftse between 6690 and 6624.....

In the oil sector, Schlumberger and Halliburton, two of the largest suppliers of oil sector services, argued that probably the minimum the price of oil may have already been reached. In 2013, the price of crude oil traded at levels above 112 USD / barrel before entering into a strong fall that led earlier this year to levels close to 26 USD / barrel. The oil sector will be the protagonist of this week’s earnings season and its quarterly accounts will be the main challenge for the American markets. Analysts estimate that on average profits from this sector have retreated 71%. More relevant than the results will be the prospects that the CEO of the oil companies will provide.

DOW does look to be maybe bottoming out short term, but H4 downwards all short, good luck