Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

and the next ew move up if we get one will be a three of a three of a three:)

think i'll stick three quid on it

Barjon, when you do your long short hedge, Have you ever considered fading your entry orders?

for one or both? No, haven't considered it really. The ideal sort of thing is if the relative ftse/dow state has reached "extreme" weak then I'll be looking for ftse to pick up strength and therefore long ftse/short dow. If I anyway favour long for the market - for whatever reason - then I'll long ftse first and hold off on the dow short while it (the ftse long) "works". Conversely, if I favour short for the market I'll enter the dow short first.

for one or both? No, haven't considered it really. The ideal sort of thing is if the relative ftse/dow state has reached "extreme" weak then I'll be looking for ftse to pick up strength and therefore long ftse/short dow. If I anyway favour long for the market - for whatever reason - then I'll long ftse first and hold off on the dow short while it (the ftse long) "works". Conversely, if I favour short for the market I'll enter the dow short first.

for instance if you are long ftse100 and need to short dow to hedge. The place one order to short and other orders below spot to sell building up the hedge gradually, if the market rises these sell orders may not get hit and you would benefit if market falls the hedge will be full as lower orders get filled.

Last edited:

For example lets say you want to go long BP and short RDSA(shell a shares)

You could place a buy stop above BP and a sell stop below RDSA. Market rises then it will hit your BP buy order and you would have option to move the RDSA sell order upwards.