Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I meant, an even stronger yen (over the next few days) is going to drive it further down than the 600 points it is at present.

So you are saying the yen will strengthen more, then of course nikkei weakens. Yen was also the currency for the speculators so a strengthening yen is all part of the vicious circle we are in now.

Great world we live in though, rates go negative currency soars lol!

Maybe the weak and late shorts get a test in the next 45 minutes with a quick 125 points up.

wishing you well, I am poised to get in on the 100+ pip squeeze up then that's it, if it happens that is.

Thanks
Closed mine now, took back half my losses for the day so it's still something. I live to fight another day

Hope you all did ok today!

Thanks
Closed mine now, took back half my losses for the day so it's still something. I live to fight another day

Hope you all did ok today!

Glad you got sorted mate.

Took a 101 pips. Waited till 15842 to get in stops moved up fast and 101 in short time. No stress no long term punts and flat now and done for the day.

Living to fight another day is the most important part and calculating when to abuse the leverage on offer is a lesson to learn. I do get quite greedy at times but not my starting trades in a middle of a range. I try and pick a move and add a few more to it once I am in a good + and watch it grow and unload in parts too. NEVER adding to losers is so simple to say but needs to be followed and the whole game is a lot less stressful.

Glad you got sorted mate.

Took a 101 pips. Waited till 15842 to get in stops moved up fast and 101 in short time. No stress no long term punts and flat now and done for the day.

Living to fight another day is the most important part and calculating when to abuse the leverage on offer is a lesson to learn. I do get quite greedy at times but not my starting trades in a middle of a range. I try and pick a move and add a few more to it once I am in a good + and watch it grow and unload in parts too. NEVER adding to losers is so simple to say but needs to be followed and the whole game is a lot less stressful.

Yes exactly, i thought i had the range pegged so probably went in a bit too heavy given the we were already down so much over the past 3 days. Big lesson, don't trade what you think, just what you see!

Thanks for your good advice. Much appreciated!

Yes exactly, i thought i had the range pegged so probably went in a bit too heavy given the we were already down so much over the past 3 days. Big lesson, don't trade what you think, just what you see!

Thanks for your good advice. Much appreciated!

I really stopped having any strong opinions a long time ago and it is a lot easier.
I look at charts but for Dow and Dax I have an old notebook with levels marked and if needed I print some charts from the last weeks.

I am way ahead of UK time so first thing in the morning I look did they go a bit mad after Dow close either way and then I just follow from there, Before 07.00 UK time I have no strong ideas where it will go I am just ready to jump aboard or sell/buy the many obvious fakes we get at 07.00 and 08.00.

When I am not entrenched in a position or have no view it is easier to trade, for me at least. I have been greedy and nearly burnt once this year but always after a good day do I push it, never cold from the off.

The leverage on offer today is why so many s/bettors fail imo. If they could get less panicked by a move against they would not double up or panic out. The leverage does all of that and of course most spreadbettors are not using .5% or 1% risk per trade, that won't get the juices flowing.

Good luck.

Reactions: 2be
I'm a little concerned that this hourly candle is a big engulfing red one but actually it opened lower than the previous one closed

Here is the big buy signal, off the low of the range flag and now big Green engulfing candle, rsi about to go above 50 and macd looking to go green. The next 3 minutes will decide, when the candle closes

^ still waiting?

^ I post this because sods law says the markets will pump the instant I press "post" and I'm bored waiting ;)

A lot of 30 and 40 point moves to be had whilst waiting on candles and 200+ point moves.

Great morning for trading so far.

I really stopped having any strong opinions a long time ago and it is a lot easier.
I look at charts but for Dow and Dax I have an old notebook with levels marked and if needed I print some charts from the last weeks.

I am way ahead of UK time so first thing in the morning I look did they go a bit mad after Dow close either way and then I just follow from there, Before 07.00 UK time I have no strong ideas where it will go I am just ready to jump aboard or sell/buy the many obvious fakes we get at 07.00 and 08.00.

When I am not entrenched in a position or have no view it is easier to trade, for me at least. I have been greedy and nearly burnt once this year but always after a good day do I push it, never cold from the off.

The leverage on offer today is why so many s/bettors fail imo. If they could get less panicked by a move against they would not double up or panic out. The leverage does all of that and of course most spreadbettors are not using .5% or 1% risk per trade, that won't get the juices flowing.

Good luck.

Great post Nick - I have also started to look much more objectively at the market after getting my fingers burnt too often with my "opinions" based on my "analysis"! Are you Asia-pacific based? Only ask as I have spent a lot of time in the area and used to trade FTSE in the evenings (which fitted out quite nicely with my work schedule at the time).

Great post Nick - I have also started to look much more objectively at the market after getting my fingers burnt too often with my "opinions" based on my "analysis"! Are you Asia-pacific based? Only ask as I have spent a lot of time in the area and used to trade FTSE in the evenings (which fitted out quite nicely with my work schedule at the time).

Hi Swissy,
I actually live in Siberia. London +6
Not always conducive to trading but I don't need too much sleep and since the New Year there has been a lot to keep me awake.

Hi Swissy,
I actually live in Siberia. London +6
Not always conducive to trading but I don't need too much sleep and since the New Year there has been a lot to keep me awake.

Siberia! - flown over it many times - just vast (as is the RU Far East - most people don't even know it exists!) Certainly like to take the Trans-Siberian Express one day. Must be bloody freezing atm - hope you have got your woollies on.

A lot of 30 and 40 point moves to be had whilst waiting on candles and 200+ point moves.

Great morning for trading so far.

great morning for scalping
wish I could scalp enough to make a living
I can in hindsight but in a live market nah not for me