Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

bought USDJPY OTM calls @12400 they expire just 1 hour after fomc - if we get an hawkish commentary they could be a nice earner, max risk £64

Yes today is "have a punt day" for me :)

Despite the uncertainty and tension that exists in Europe and the Middle East, the situation of the equity markets appears to be positive and after the publication of the October employment report there has been a greater propensity to risk, however this idea results from a survey prepared before the tragic events of Paris. Interestingly, this greater propensity to risk coexists with an increased likelihood of the Fed raising interest rates.

bought USDJPY OTM calls @12400 they expire just 1 hour after fomc - if we get an hawkish commentary they could be a nice earner, max risk £64

Yes today is "have a punt day" for me :)

Every day is "have a punt day" when I'm in the market mate

If I can get away without too many wedgies, then I'm happy

Sometimes I even get to keep my trousers, sometimes even my shirt !

I imagine a few bears will have had their shorts destroyed after the last 8 hours.

Attachments

• bearshortsqueeze.jpg
    bearshortsqueeze.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 78
Good plan-Force yourself out by peeling off the position.Sometimes hard to do but you just have to to protect yourself.Otherwise its the hope and pray scenario-you have then lost control of your position and the market has taken over.:cool:

Yes, It is much easy for me to play in defence with the market, my first need is to protect myself, then I will attack....

yea I ditched the hope n' prayer style a long time ago

in, trap ? yes.. out

in, Runner ? yes.... trailer.........exhaustion ? out

rinse repeat

There will be many others that hold & do well, but draw-down man, not for me !!

I'm guessing this is what you call a runner day. :D

Attachments

• runner.png
    runner.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 69
I'm guessing this is what you call a runner day. :D

Hi Postie, no I call a runner 20 + points at a time, if she gives more then great, but more often I work it in increments. My bias is very very short lived. I am I guess a reluctant scalper that looks for runners over 10 points at a time, risk reward etc ;)

Hope you did ok today

Just been to the Traders London beers at the New moon with F2calv, crackin' evening, well worth the small effort to go. Met some interesting characters.

I am out of the markets until next Monday, so good luck with it mate.

Yes, It is much easy for me to play in defence with the market, my first need is to protect myself, then I will attack....

Totally agree, my main concern is loss, profit comes as secondary & as a consequence of cutting the nasties

Defensive play is primary, some days I am cut by a thousand knives & feel my ass handed to me

Sometimes I read the market wrong !!

But drawdown was waaaaaaaaaay worse, sitting with a position totally out of my hands, over night & all that jazz..... No no no

I want control over each session, up or down, I'm human, I get it wrong, my skill is knowing as quickly as possible if I'm in a trap, you just get to know !

Totally agree, my main concern is loss, profit comes as secondary & as a consequence of cutting the nasties

Defensive play is primary, some days I am cut by a thousand knives & feel my ass handed to me

Sometimes I read the market wrong !!

But drawdown was waaaaaaaaaay worse, sitting with a position totally out of my hands, over night & all that jazz..... No no no

I want control over each session, up or down, I'm human, I get it wrong, my skill is knowing as quickly as possible if I'm in a trap, you just get to know !

Joe

When I say defensive I mean I have a plan, I will not follow the market with all his hide and seek, market are much stronger than myself and I will be easily startled just like a possum crossing the road at night having strong artificial lights in his eyes...... I wait for the market to come to me, to where I think market will react.......here the proper money management is a must together with a good understanding of price action.

At times market moves fast, here I will play in attack, market will not come to me...

In my view the only way not get trapped or get trapped the least as possible is to trade in the direction of the least resistance as soon as the weak hand fail.

We all get it wrong but how we react to it will make the difference, when we read it wrongly and are effected by it we need to sit back or stop trading because here emotion will direct our future trading decisions.

In my humble understanding we should not be under too much drawdown, in risk terms we should risk little, if we are wrong so be it, I will be looking after another possibility, if I am right little I take little........

If I get effected by my little loss that is still ok, but I need to understand I need to work on myself instead to fall into a spiral of emotions.

I am a trader and my goal is to be a better trader every day and every error I make is a great opportunity for me to reach my goal.

Fugs

Last edited:
Mmmm I can see the headlines tomorrow from these ponzu journalists when the market sell off "markets wary over dec rate raise"

I got rinsed once again. -8 points lol I'm done with position trading - doesn't work for me. Still early on in my trading life so no harm in trying and with real money...backtesting on a demo is not the same

I got rinsed once again. -8 points lol I'm done with position trading - doesn't work for me. Still early on in my trading life so no harm in trying and with real money...backtesting on a demo is not the same

Can you share the trade details, what made your trade different from a normal everyday scalp?

Can you share the trade details, what made your trade different from a normal everyday scalp?

Basically I've been getting quite busy at work so didn't have the time to be scalping. So I was trying to develop a strategy that allowed me to work and leave trades running on the side. Position trading, I thought, would allow me to do that. I was much more profitable with identifying areas and trading off them as you've seen in the other thread. As I said, no harm in trying.