Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

In the pre-opening, European shares traded with modest variations. The first hours of trading should be dominated by the alarming signs from China. Investors from the old continent shall observe its impact on the sectors most exposed to the Chinese economy (mining, automotive, industrial, etc.) and will monitor its reflection in the price of raw materials and the behavior of other emerging markets. After absorbing the reaction to economic data in China, markets will be marked by expectations of investors regarding the Fed’s meeting, on Wednesday and Thursday. The banking sector can be highlighted after Reuters announce that 12 of the largest European banks have agreed to indemnify institutional customers in 1885 M.USD to finalize a case involving charges of malpractice in credit default swap market.

So FOMC on Thursday... does anyone have any bright ideas how to trade this? The brightest idea could well to be to stay out of the markets entirely of course.

If the FOMC were to raise rates either by 10 or 25 basis points, I am thinking the certainties for more than a few points would be to;
- Buy the USD index
- Short the sh*t out of Gold
- Indices I'm totally unsure about, as a rise in rates is allegedly a vote of confidence in the general economic conditions, so the market might in fact bounce a little or a lot. :/

If the FOMC were to do nothing [even if they mention a rise will come later this year], I am thinking;
- Sell the USD index
- Go long US Indices, aiming to load up in any dips for the next 24/48 hours then finall to add a 100% hedge ready for an October pullback.

^ utter tosh or what?

^^^^^ill get back to you on that later mate-ive an idea^^^^
i would just wait till thursday-speak later-just dont guess

^^^^^ill get back to you on that later mate-ive an idea^^^^
i would just wait till thursday-speak later-just dont guess

540_293_resize_20130501_b2957efaa9e5f027867bb5ab9a64dc37_jpg.jpg

So FOMC on Thursday... does anyone have any bright ideas how to trade this? The brightest idea could well to be to stay out of the markets entirely of course.

If the FOMC were to raise rates either by 10 or 25 basis points, I am thinking the certainties for more than a few points would be to;
- Buy the USD index
- Short the sh*t out of Gold
- Indices I'm totally unsure about, as a rise in rates is allegedly a vote of confidence in the general economic conditions, so the market might in fact bounce a little or a lot. :/

If the FOMC were to do nothing [even if they mention a rise will come later this year], I am thinking;
- Sell the USD index
- Go long US Indices, aiming to load up in any dips for the next 24/48 hours then finall to add a 100% hedge ready for an October pullback.

^ utter tosh or what?

Eg-Dow is 16500 on the opening bell on Thursday.Markets rise in anticipation of the meeting and keep rising after the result say to 16650.What you are looking at now is for sentiment to change and then to be confirmed by dropping below 16500-you then short carefully and place a stop at say 50-70 above-in my opinion the market has absorbed the results and is heading down.but you need that stop just in case.you have waited 150 points for confirmation ?Hard to do i know.

You could apply that method if the dow is down prior to the results and dips futher -you then notice the dow change direction and start to become strong and pass through 16500-you are then buying.Obviously no method is safe and you need your stop and you need to take your loss if wrong-and take it quickly-;)

Most investors should maintain a prudent and expectant posture with the approach of the Fed meeting. This behavior should induce volatility to levels closer to their historical average after the high peaks observed in August. The weakness of Asian markets may weigh on some sectors such as oil and mining. The weakness shown by the Chinese economy continued to dictate the negative trend in the price of oil and other raw materials during the Asian session. This less favorable environment should ease the positive impact of a 12% rise in car sales in Europe during the month of August. This was the second strongest variation of 2015 and validates the recovery of this sector started in 2014 after six years of recession. The brands most distinguished during the month of August were BMW, whose sales rose 17% and 20% of Renault.

US markets closed with gains of more than 1% but the volume was much lower than in recent weeks. The increase was led by sectors that have been most penalized in previous sessions such as oil and other more cyclical sectors. The day was also marked by economic data. Retail sales grew 0.20% in August, less than 0.30% estimated. However, this weakness is merely apparent, since the smaller increase than expected was mainly due to the price drop of fuel, an effect that is favorable to consumers that may materialize in the coming months. In addition, when excluding the more volatile items, retail sales rose 0.40%. While retail sales relative to July with these exclusions were revised upwards from 0.30% to 0.60%. These data, although positive, should not influence the decision of the Fed tomorrow, with regard to interest rates. Industrial production on July declined 0.40%, against a fall of just 0.20% expected. The publication of inflation, measured by the consumer price index, should not have too much weight on the Fed decision. Due to the decline in fuel prices and the appreciation of the dollar against the currencies of emerging economies in recent months is expected that the inflation fell in August compared with July. Leaving aside the prices of fuels and cars (usually volatile goods), inflation in annual terms is expected to be 1.90%. If these assets are considered in the calculation, inflation remains in 0.20%, below the 2% desired by the Fed.

S&P 2000 looks like money in the bank right now.
I'm 'not' buying it, so thats probably another good reason for everyone else to do it given my recent performance.