Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Asian markets closed with strong valuations, especially the Nikkei, which reached the highest daily value since 2008. This record increase is primarily explained by three reasons, the first is due to the stability that the Chinese stock markets showed in the last two sessions, the second relates to the promise of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe to reduce the IRC at 3.30% next year and last, before the previous factors, many investors who held selling positions may have been induced to close them . Meanwhile in China, the Shanghai and Shenzhen exchanges were animated by rumors that recent indicators of the Chinese economy may force the Beijing government to adopt fiscal measures in order to curb the economic slowdown.

No idea mate, but I'm sure it ruined a few ftse trader accounts :|

Yup was short at 6270...has happened before a few days ago, was the high for the day then too and I'm viewing at as bearish signal. Let's see although she looks pretty strong right now.

I think if some non-IG customers could let us know what the FTSE peak was @12:00 that would be good to know - [that well known bastion of finance] Google Finance says it was only 6277, but IG says 6298 - not ideal

I think if some non-IG customers could let us know what the FTSE peak was @12:00 that would be good to know - [that well known bastion of finance] Google Finance says it was only 6277, but IG says 6298 - not ideal

fxcm

Thanks tar [I think you have too many accounts] ;)

Well @Strugglingtrader looks like it wasn't IG farting around, as to what caused it... erm :}

Took a cheeky couple of points literally long @10380, now looking to jump in again and hold hopefully below 360... here's hoping I haven't missed the pullback.

the dow has dropped -dax following-so is ftse but aint dropped too far
Having second thoughts about it, what is it they say about trying to pick bottoms? :eek:

* out for breakeven, position size too big, I'm a prat.

Last edited:
Having second thoughts about it, what is it they say about trying to pick bottoms? :eek:

* out for breakeven, position size too big, I'm a prat.
good move-the dow dragged it down-if the dow had took off again the dax would have moved -well played-:cool:

Cheers @itspossible - still getting my head into the game.

Now I'm not one for TA... but the DAX daily chart with a wick for today I wouldn't think bodes too well for the bulls no?

Cheers @itspossible - still getting my head into the game.

Now I'm not one for TA... but the DAX daily chart with a wick for today I wouldn't think bodes too well for the bulls no?
im not big into charts i just look at the indices as a whole and even the hang seng and nikkei now.so i watch the ftse ,dow,dax and i look to see how they move together.you can then make an assumption on how the ftse may move in relation to the dow(usually)the dax is very volatile imho.Its just something that im looking at.what was your position size on that trade?

Fair enough dude, your strategy seems largely similar to mine although I also throw EURUSD & USDJPY into the mix as USDJPY has worked out as a brilliant "risk off" indicator in the past few weeks.
That last one was 2 contracts which is equivalent to 50 EUR/pt.

Fair enough dude, your strategy seems largely similar to mine although I also throw EURUSD & USDJPY into the mix as USDJPY has worked out as a brilliant "risk off" indicator in the past few weeks.
That last one was 2 contracts which is equivalent to 50 EUR/pt.
thats heavy betting mate:cheesy:
spreadbetting is cheaper lol