Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Don't know about anyone else, but yesterday's volatility wore me out :/

Personally planning to short (small positions) dax @ 10,000 and ftse @ 6,100 - not willing to believe yesterdays storm has already passed...

One like this perhaps. :)

Attachments

• WLT.jpg
    WLT.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 88
Guess whos about to get long @5673 that will be me then

Hello dc2000, long time no hear but good to see you contributing again, I assume you had a flash back:)

This thread has changed since the good old days but as far as I can see most other forums are the same, it's a bit strange.

Good luck with your trade, I also have a long bias but this market is certainly a challenge for swinging.

Anyway keep up the posts I always enjoy.

I assume your post should read 5973 :)

It's hard to believe this guy made that much money, maybe he did the trades but I think he could have been playing a demo or with pennies and walked away with £34 quid ha :)

Euro still on the downside, plenty room for more but 1.11843 (current price) could support but more bear below.

Dollar hitting major resistance so that could account for Daxy dour today.

Old mother's had a good week :)

Asian shares closed lower, with the Shanghai Stock Exchange accumulating losses of 2.50%, at 7:00 am. During the weekend, the Financial Times reported that the Chinese government would abandon its strategy to stabilize the stock market by buying shares held by state-owned financial institutions. The government in Beijing will focus its efforts on the punishment of persons and organizations that supposedly destabilized the Shanghai and Shenzhen exchanges. Initially, the Chinese authorities have tried to counter the sharp falls in stock markets, buying, through state funds, about 200,000 M.USD in two months. These interventions did not have had the desired success, displeasing international investors, as they are not familiarized the State to adopt such measures.

^ well I was hoping for more of an oil stocks bounce this morning regardless of the sound of breaking China, but given that RDSA and BP. are both down would suggest the oil price bounce isn't really worth the hype!?

Asian shares closed with losses, which were quite pronounced in Tokyo. Dictating this trend were the economic data on China. In August, the PMI index on manufacturing activity, elaborated by the Chinese Government, fell from 50.0 to 49.7. This is the lowest level since August 2012, thus signaling that the Chinese industry is in a contraction phase. Caixin/Markit index, which also measures the manufacturing activity, fell in the same month from 47.8 to 47.3, the lowest since March 2009, confirming the contraction signs from the official PMI index. The difference between the two indexes lies in the PMI index that appeal to a larger sample and focus mainly on state enterprises and larger. The Caixin/Markit index is focused on a smaller sample, which consists mainly of small and medium-sized enterprises. In the past, investors associated negative data of the Chinese economy to possible monetary stimulus measures at this stage, investors fear that the Beijing government further devalue the yuan, which could induce other emerging countries to adopt a similar measure.