Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Yesterday, the European currency suffered sharp losses by virtue of the words of an ECB member, who said that the ECB should accelerate the pace of debt purchase program. The EURUSD pair broke today the level 1.11, so the upward movement of the last month is definitely compromised, which is very positive for the European Stock Indexes.

ftse daily/4h chart definitely looks like its coiling for a move upwards - but is that a bull trap I wonder hmmm? If it breaks higher I may pile in, but a tight SL. Yes you heard me right a SL! I'll actually use one for a change ;)

We need one of these.

Attachments

• BS.jpg
    BS.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 128
Ukraine is ramping up the rhetoric on Russia, it just needs the US to send some troops in to get pulses racing. ;)

what a geopolitical mess the world is these days, I would prefer everyone just got along then we wouldn't need to go short ever!

As in Nassim Taleb's Black Swan Theory? Why would we want a rare and difficult to predict event to happen?

To inject some life into this dull grind higher.
2 days in a 100 point range on the dax is not good for day traders.

To inject some life into this dull grind higher.
2 days in a 100 point range on the dax is not good for day traders.
true, but given the circa 500 point upmove in the preceeding few days a bit of consolidation is understandable! Presently long a small position on the Dax, if there is more volatility I will look to add another position lower (yes I will average down!).

Ftse I can't make head nor tale of, I think it's already trading with "go away in May" mentality, but then what tools should I look at to check volume levels?

And good morning peeps!

Today begins the meeting of European leaders in Riga and which will continue tomorrow. The Greek Government has always mentioned that the distance between the positions of his country and its partners were essentially political and not technical. Therefore, it is not excluded that during this event, to be held some overtures between the parties. Athens seems to have a more flexible approach than in the past regarding several important matters: Privatizations; The introduction of a new tax on banking transactions and fiscal targets for 2015. Yesterday, information sources cited an Athens government spokesman who said that if the impasse remains until 5th June (date of repayment to the IMF), Greece may not be able to honor this commitment. Today starts in Sintra a conference which bringing together various members of the major central banks and will continue until Saturday. Among the participants include Mario Draghi and the Vice President of the Fed Stanley Fisher.

Most indices showing invErted H&S (4hr), nice upside targets if we get them.

FTSE doing a good job holding 7000, volume seems to be backing old mother for now, 7018 looks like the hurdle atm, over this and she could be off and running :)

Dax hurdle 11860

morning big dickus, long ftse from 7018 garuanteed stop @ breakeven, fully hedged now at 7046 to get a cheeky pullback :)

morning big dickus, long ftse from 7018 garuanteed stop @ breakeven, fully hedged now at 7046 to get a cheeky pullback :)

Morning f2, 11860 could be a summer cap for the Dax, the bulls need to crack this before the month end imo.

Some might say this is reDickalus :)