Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

At the moment on the sidelines, after a weekend on the beers I'm not 'feeling it' this morning. The one thing I have learnt is don't trade tired!

Morning, yes quite agree mate, Monday mornings have often been a problem for me.
If I'm not on form & Dax is doing a Maradona right out of the gate, I've ended up chasing like a lost puppy.

Better to wait til the afternoon, I always need to be looking a few moves ahead.

A late good morning to you all.

Still plenty of fireworks in Euroland, Dow pushing all time high during the closed period. This afternoon will be a belter I'm sure.

@ f2calv......A bit off topic, I noticed the beers in London post you made (probably the last thing you want to think about at the mo) I looked at their site, good idea. Will PM you about tonight, to look into the next one, I may go & check it out.

Good luck today, I've got a flatlining Dax about to go mental

@ f2calv......A bit off topic, I noticed the beers in London post you made (probably the last thing you want to think about at the mo) I looked at their site, good idea. Will PM you about tonight, to look into the next one, I may go & check it out.

Good luck today, I've got a flatlining Dax about to go mental

I've been to one of those meetups before, they're a good laugh.

I've been to one of those meetups before, they're a good laugh.
A good mixture of people, from amateurs to professionals, and tutors to brokers punting their wares... mostly all very social with a couple of odd ones who seemed to be less 'social' and more 'up their own ar$$' :)

My mental note for next time, don't be too negative of TA :}

Rode & pryramided into that dax tank for a cumulative 63 points, bailed at 11503 - wish I hadn't now... I am utterly unable to let profits ride :/ Annoyed!

ah yes, you do get the odd ones too. we kind of broke off into groups with the sellers left to pitch their stuff to those who would listen, and those of us who came for the laughs in our own separate circles.

i only went once but i got the impression it was one of their bigger turnouts, if it was smaller i could see the sellers dominating more. maybe we didnt notice them in our beer-bubble table :D

Well the one positive of the sellers, that they were expensing their bar tabs ;)

From my point of view it would be nice to get a small circle of some trading contacts who would be nice enough to txt/whastapp message the others in the circle of trust in the event of a serious black swan/market moving event so that those away from computers could at least have the chance to jump on the remainder of any concrete move...

I also ran into the Futex crowd who were nice enough. Their Msc in Prop Trading had already caught my eye because I have no background in finance and I figured it couldn't exactly hurt as I plan to make a career out of trading. Although the £12k cost of the 12-week course would obviously hurt a little more. Going to a futex open day on Wednesday evening to see what it's "all about"... and yes I'm fully aware that "those that can't, teach" but my bullsh*t detector is quite good :}

Yeah I'd watch out about those gurus selling shiny services. Put it this way, paying close attention to this forum and what people are saying and WHY they're saying it, taught me more about this game than everything I learned from those gurus... and in my naive days I followed a few.

Put it another way, Dentist, Jessi, Postman, FxMo and a few others could all easily position themselves as gurus, get a shiny website, then flog some service or another, but they're sharing their charts and live calls for free and in all honesty they're probably better than those shiny people.

Your shout though, it's just my opinion. You sound like you have your BS detector running, so all good...

Yes I totally agree and take on board comments by (most of) those t2w peeps you have mentioned. Although if FxMo bangs on about "how you need to read charts for 10,000+ hours" one more time I will f*cking scream.

I'm probably most interested in the technology/software that a 'proper' trader/trading-house uses, I am more concerned that I don't have the right tools (or the knowledge to use the tools) necessary to make the right decisions.

I have zero interest in working for a prop house, it seems common sense to me that if you're a successful trader then you can compound your starting capital easily enough and so why would you need their capital to start and then have to share your earnings?

And as far as the Msc is concerned I'd also like to know more about macro economic factors rather than having to cobble it together from a bunch of different sources.

Anyway I'll stop babbling on about it now ;)

Daxy/ftse tanking quite nicely now.

Rode & pryramided into that dax tank for a cumulative 63 points, bailed at 11503 - wish I hadn't now... I am utterly unable to let profits ride :/ Annoyed!
I like your method.Its something i used to do.Maybe have 3-5 small positions and scaling in and out.The dax is risky mind :-0

exciting day on Dax
over all it is an up day, though re-tested Fri L which was a fib retracement 61.8%
It once again points to the importance to trade with some good idea of S/R zones
ADR levels (set for 14 and 10) both hit.
11380 has proven to be a great level to establish longs, that after the London's open trades.
Today's H sits on a structural R, it has to be well taken to the upside if bulls are to continue, IMHO a very likely scenario.
After 9:00 pm tonight I shall have some more levels to consider in relation to tomorrows possibilities.
I find that preparation the previous evening is very worthwhile in relation to trading the following day.
Wishing all a pleasant evening,
2be

Last edited:
The European indices are trading slightly higher. Investors should continue to show up prudent and to monitor the behavior of essentially three markets: The American Stock Market, the Bond and Foreign Exchange markets. In the US, the S & P continues to test a major resistance zone, which if exceeded could positively influence the European markets. In the currency market, the euro retreated slightly but still remains the possibility of the up trend to continue as investors may buy more euros. In the bond market, European sovereign yields advance slightly. In addition, the rumors about Greece remain a source of volatility. Last Friday, Tsipras Prime Minister showed his optimism regarding the negotiations but CNBC reports that supposedly the Greek Government would have informed the IMF currently does not have capacity to repay the next payment.

morning boys & girls :)

Anyone get to ride that daxy move up then? If so well done, v jealous!

ive just logged on-dax is insane to be honest

Often when ITD / MC1 H or L is expected the PA is fast, establishes the rotation point and eventually reverses. I am expecting MC1 H today /tomorrow.
For today ADR indicated a H level @ 11842, which has been reached.
The PA has been fast this morning, almost like trying to squeeze that H before the unrealistic optimists in Athens loose their smiles, and hear some strong words again.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...deal-is-within-reach-amid-doubts-by-creditors

Last edited:
A survey conducted by Merrill Lynch showed that the vast majority of global managers have a level of liquidity well above the average of recent years. If the S & P start a new rally, these managers will be forced to allocate this liquidity to equity markets in order to follow their benchmarks.

A survey conducted by Merrill Lynch showed that the vast majority of global managers have a level of liquidity well above the average of recent years. If the S & P start a new rally, these managers will be forced to allocate this liquidity to equity markets in order to follow their benchmarks.

Ah well if Merrill Lynch say that then we should all be buying stocks eh. ;)

Mind you who would benefit most from that, uh probably Merrill Lynch. :eek:

And imagine if it tanked today wouldnt those buyers have red faces tomorrow.:)