Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

It depends on the baby's gender , the best bet is to long/short the ftse to catch all possible moves next week .

GL

Dick I really don't get how much the ftse moved up after market yesterday - just because of the US - like wtf don't they know it's time for an October-style pullback?? Annoyed.com
@tar now you tell me! But yes you're right, I just don't see us surging past 7100 for any decent length of time... very weird/volatile times indeed. Just fingers crossed for some poor Chinese manufacturing data early doors on Monday.

Dick I really don't get how much the ftse moved up after market yesterday - just because of the US - like wtf don't they know it's time for an October-style pullback?? Annoyed.com
@tar now you tell me! But yes you're right, I just don't see us surging past 7100 for any decent length of time... very weird/volatile times indeed. Just fingers crossed for some poor Chinese manufacturing data early doors on Monday.

Maybe this trend line had something to do with it, S&P looks keen to get back with the trend as well, of course it could come back down again and then up and then down:rolleyes::confused:

What do you think of the Nas100? looks like all those caught in the dot com bubble just got out at break even:LOL: are the bulls happily buying from them ?
Easy peasy this stuff innit:LOL:

Attachments

• ftse trend.PNG
    ftse trend.PNG
    21.4 KB · Views: 102
  • sptrend.PNG
    sptrend.PNG
    23.6 KB · Views: 98
itspossible, stops at 7060, I'm technically already hedged by the mining stocks I hold but still ...it's just an annoyance as I was hoping for more downside before I went long on the ftse :/

thx for the trendlines Bigus Dickus ...but I wonder do trendlines take into account "sell in May"?

Nas100 and other US indices I rarely touch, but I'm especially going to stay clear of the DOW since Apple and it's fanbois joined in the party!

itspossible, stops at 7060, I'm technically already hedged by the mining stocks I hold but still ...it's just an annoyance as I was hoping for more downside before I went long on the ftse :/

thx for the trendlines Bigus Dickus ...but I wonder do trendlines take into account "sell in May"?

Nas100 and other US indices I rarely touch, but I'm especially going to stay clear of the DOW since Apple and it's fanbois joined in the party!
Stop seems ok but there are some mad moves overnight (out of hours)
Years ago i would hold lots of positions overnight on the dow/ftse with stops but now they seem to get taken out.Im pleased you have a stop otherwise your position gets out of control and you start to hope etc.its also good to hedge.Best of luck

Years ago i would hold lots of positions overnight on the dow/ftse with stops but now they seem to get taken out.Im pleased you have a stop otherwise your position gets out of control and you start to hope etc.its also good to hedge.Best of luck

Well stops arent useful when markets are closed ...

Well stops arent useful when markets are closed ...

True, but in this instance they are guaranteed stops via IG. I pretty much use guaranteed stops most trades I do, as I'm ultimately aiming for swing positions that I wish to hold overnight and I wouldn't be able to sleep without that safety net.

Daxy 1000 down from the highs, do we feel the Greece situation is now taken into account and we have found a floor regardless of what happens with them?

No 1000 points arent enough i would say another 1k if it gets messy ...

Curious that you should say that because I was coming around to thinking the opposite, that overnight stops are safer these days than they used to be.

That is not to say that I trade overnight. I have not traded overnight for years.
IG caught me once for 60 points and once was enough. I left IG, too!

Curious that you should say that because I was coming around to thinking the opposite, that overnight stops are safer these days than they used to be.

That is not to say that I trade overnight. I have not traded overnight for years.
IG caught me once for 60 points and once was enough. I left IG, too!

I have checked this out on a demo account and postman often comments on the wild overnight moves.the ftse is the safest if holding overnight.

Trend lines always have a bendy bit in them, I keep forgetting to draw them:rolleyes: but I think the longer term ones have the bigus clout:)

I'm not convinced about the sell in May thing but no doubt someone will prove me wrong:)

Attachments

• may ftse.PNG
    may ftse.PNG
    34.8 KB · Views: 78
Trend lines always have a bendy bit in them, I keep forgetting to draw them:rolleyes: but I think the longer term ones have the bigus clout:)

I'm not convinced about the sell in May thing but no doubt someone will prove me wrong:)

It doesnt mean short stocks and go away , it just means sell your stocks holdings cuz the market isnt going anywhere next few months ...

Most likely ....

It doesnt mean short stocks and go away , it just means sell your stocks holdings cuz the market isnt going anywhere next few months ...

Most likely ....

2013 I lost loads of gains in my vanilla stocks by holding past middle of May, then May 2014 I sold out of everything and the market kept going up, so this time around... I'm going to stick with my existing shareholdings (TLW, FXPO & DRAX) and I'll hedge them with CFDs.

I have a feeling this week is going to be very eventful :)

Greece and its creditors remain apart on key elements of the country’s bailout agenda even as they work to bridge differences in a bid to avert a default as early as this month.

Greece and its creditors remain apart on key elements of the country’s bailout agenda even as they work to bridge differences in a bid to avert a default as early as this month.

I think markets will react positively to what's happened today. It seems at lease Greece is willing to compromise in certain areas

2013 I lost loads of gains in my vanilla stocks by holding past middle of May, then May 2014 I sold out of everything and the market kept going up, so this time around... I'm going to stick with my existing shareholdings (TLW, FXPO & DRAX) and I'll hedge them with CFDs.

I have a feeling this week is going to be very eventful :)

At OCT 2014 the market sold off lower than May levels ...

dax up euro down

I was looking for Dax to go into rocket mode but it's a damp squib so far:(

Last edited: