Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

11352 area tested with lots of volatility getting there..
as we said
bulls trying to take An overboought market highe.....r..

expect some good movement on DOW this week... perhaps on Monday...18140-18160 is buying area if you can get...DOW is up next week at 18420...

DOW is in long setup... break of the upper channel boundary (about 18185) sets up perfect long setup...

I started buying on Friday... I would still buy if the channel breaks up ...

First target 18240 and then 18340

that channel broke...

Attachments

• DOW_02MARCHV2.jpg
    DOW_02MARCHV2.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 105
i had this as my long signal, right or just lucky?

this is correct as well but different setup... each setup has different targets and stops and risk/reward... depends on which setup you are trading...

it is important that you get the large chunk of meat out of setup range..

this is correct as well but different setup... each setup has different targets and stops and risk/reward... depends on which setup you are trading...

it is important that you get the large chunk of meat out of setup range..
im just looking for any set up i can tbh, and trend line support seems to work ok. i didnt spot your 1h breakout chart, i should have cross checked the other bar time charts for more confirmation. nice to know i got right though :D

im just looking for any set up i can tbh, and trend line support seems to work ok. i didnt spot your 1h breakout chart, i should have cross checked the other bar time charts for more confirmation. nice to know i got right though :D

Jessi

for my understanding, what do you mean by different setups? I thought everyone draws support and resistance line and work out how the DOW Or DAX is going to head and in real time if it follows what you have worked out , use that signal to go short or long - am i missing anything here ?

Jessi

for my understanding, what do you mean by different setups? I thought everyone draws support and resistance line and work out how the DOW Or DAX is going to head and in real time if it follows what you have worked out , use that signal to go short or long - am i missing anything here ?

there are always more than one setup exists in a chart in any point of time, different traders trades different setup.

for example a short term trader mike (scalper) might have gone short after looking into break down of a support level say at 80 and his target is 40.. however another trader John is looking into 1 hr chart and he figured out that 35 is the bottom of a trendline and he is waiting to go long.

Obviusly mike's trade may last 20 minutes to 1 hr and job done. However, John's trade can take anywhere from 1 hr to 8 hrs or may be more....

Now see this chart... this was my DOW setup in 4 hr and 1 hr chart combined... I started going long on Friday and my trade completed today.

Attachments

• DOW_setup.jpg
    DOW_setup.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 89
Now see this chart... this was my DOW setup in 4 hr and 1 hr chart combined... I started going long on Friday and my trade completed today.

Jessi

Thanks for explanation and example one more thing I didn't understood you said 4hr chart and 1hr chart combined - i tried to figure it out on ig account and couldn't find any option.