Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Hi SD, yes I am

chrome automatically updates java.

if u click the top right corner in chrome (there are three horizontal dashes) and select "about google chrome" it will tell u if your browser is up to date, it will be 99% of the time.

are your java issues related to things u are doing within chrome?

chrome automatically updates java.

if u click the top right corner in chrome (there are three horizontal dashes) and select "about google chrome" it will tell u if your browser is up to date, it will be 99% of the time.

are your java issues related to things u are doing within chrome?

Thanks for that.

I wasn't doing anything, I only have my trading platform running on that machine and nothing else, I got a prompt to say an update was available, so I acted on the notification and that was it.

That machine is Windows 7 pro, my other is Windows 8, I never had any problems with the Windows 8 machine.

Just frustrating, what should have being a quick update turned into something longer than needed.

Rob

Thanks for that.

I wasn't doing anything, I only have my trading platform running on that machine and nothing else, I got a prompt to say an update was available, so I acted on the notification and that was it.

That machine is Windows 7 pro, my other is Windows 8, I never had any problems with the Windows 8 machine.

Just frustrating, what should have being a quick update turned into something longer than needed.

Rob

oh, could u go back to a restore point

excellent idea to only have trading platform running on one PC

Thanks for that.

Rob

Hi Rob

There is a few things that can happen.

New version of java wont be able to read your old java files.

Another problem that is the trading company you are using is not ready for that java version yet.

I have been prompted with a java up date for about 6 months now.

I just ignore it, not worth the pain of the problems it can cause.

Hi Rob

There is a few things that can happen.

New version of java wont be able to read your old java files.

Another problem that is the trading company you are using is not ready for that java version yet.

I have been prompted with a java up date for about 6 months now.

I just ignore it, not worth the pain of the problems it can cause.

Thanks for that, perhaps, as you say, best to ignore it until the trading company prompts me to do it. I can do without the hassle. Regards.

Morning all. Anyone here ever get that feeling,,, "I used to be good at this game but these days I can't seem to win a single point" If I even think about going long the price plunges and when I go short it sky rockets. I seem to be loosing a lot of my confidence because of this, not to mention money. Any suggestions great fully received.

Just brought a brand new PC and upgraded my internet access and I am now a worse trader then I ever was before.
Quite frustrating but after telling you guys I am starting to feel better already.

Well, I'm not a brilliant trader by any stretch of imagination and december's been tricky so far as well. I've hence reduced my position size to absolute minimum and only trade the very best set ups. That way my win ratio has improved and don't worry even if I lose as I'm losing small chunks of cash.
Here's also a nice little article about why trading in december is a bit more complicated:
http://www.tradeciety.com/tips-how-to-trade-december/

The European indexes opened up, a day after they have presented a significant increase in their valuation. Yesterday’s behavior was due to the statement of the US Federal Reserve made the day before. European markets continue to be positively influenced by American indexes but the situation in Greece and Russia as well as the evolution of oil will continue to haunt investor sentiment.

Today is expiration date for futures contracts and options on European indexes. Generally, the expiration days of futures and options are more volatile and likely to be performing erratic movements. The most critical periods are the interval between 10h50 and 11h00 (for futures and options on the Eurostoxx50) and 12h00 (for futures and options on the DAX).

“Do not fight the Fed!”. This old Wall Street aphorism advises investors not contradict the Federal Reserve. In fact the echo of the statement from the Federal Reserve was felt in yesterday’s session, with major stock indexes registering gains of more than 2%. Monetary policy has been the most important variable to influence the course of the stock markets in recent years. In addition to not having removed the words “for a considerable period of time”, the Fed reported that the interest rates should not suffer increases before mid-2015, removing the uncertainties that the market had in relation to its timing.

Leading indicators of the economy, anticipating their cycles in 6-9 months increased 0.60% in November, foreseeing a dynamic economy in the coming months.

In US markets, the session will also be influenced by the expiration date of futures and options, which should be reflected in an increase in volatility. The most critical moments are the opening and 19h00.

Japan’s Central Bank maintained its strong stimulus and presented more encouraging outlook for the country’s economy.

Don't think I'm asking in the right place but I'm a new member.

Could anyone explain to me in simple terms why Serco Groups (SRP) shares dropped 5% today on the back of supposedly good news this morning?

dow overnight got to +132 17,910 think we are going to hit that during cash session. (+85 from last)

Don't think I'm asking in the right place but I'm a new member.

Could anyone explain to me in simple terms why Serco Groups (SRP) shares dropped 5% today on the back of supposedly good news this morning?

intraday is not important watch how they close , intraday is just fun and games.

todays close is doubly important since it is a weekly close

Guys, I have started a thread in general chat, "What constitutes a live call", have a look, vote if you want to, then I'll take the results to FXMO.