Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Dow down 80 up 100 on no volume.
Where now, its anyone's guess, down 150 maybe but more likely remorselessly UP.

The leading World Index SP500 fell today confirming the strong bearish pattern from last week.

FTSE100 and Dax30 also declined mainly after the opening of the american session.

Gladly my short target in Dax was reached today (9536.5). :)

Watching the Dow is like watching professional wrestling, its a pantomime of preposterously unrealistic moves. And they're still playing it out even though the audience stopped coming years ago.

Morning All

China holds the gains.
Maybe this is the real deal this time, trading on about 10 times earnings.
ASX and HK still strong.
Strong bounce back by the DAX, might still be some legs in it.
9710/20 retrace before a move lower, 9685 area could be a problem area.
9400 still looks the go in the coming days for me. IMO

Morning All

China holds the gains.
Maybe this is the real deal this time, trading on about 10 times earnings.
ASX and HK still strong.
Strong bounce back by the DAX, might still be some legs in it.
9710/20 retrace before a move lower, 9685 area could be a problem area.
9400 still looks the go in the coming days for me. IMO

I can see Nikkei powering ahead and Hang seng is off already, but I'd like to know why you think Dax is going down. is it fundamental, technical, fear, all three (they are reasons enough) what is you opinion?
I dont know, I'm just trading what I see but it might help to work out where a reversal could occur (if it already hasnt).

The leading World Index SP500 fell today confirming the strong bearish pattern from last week.

FTSE100 and Dax30 also declined mainly after the opening of the american session.

Gladly my short target in Dax was reached today (9536.5). :)
also today looking at more bearish trade on SP500

I can see Nikkei powering ahead and Hang seng is off already, but I'd like to know why you think Dax is going down. is it fundamental, technical, fear, all three (they are reasons enough) what is you opinion?
I dont know, I'm just trading what I see but it might help to work out where a reversal could occur (if it already hasnt).

Hi Postie

Could give me an easy question, a,b,c.d multiple choice would be good.:LOL:
Number1 it's an opinion of mine.
Just a couple of reasons.
Break of 9,600 is key opens 9,400 only from previous moves this year.
Also looking for a US correction on share valuation which could drag the DAX with it. DAX turned down first so good chance it could turn back up first.
Most of my income comes from day to day intrusion.
But nice to catch a big move bonus now and again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Break of 9,600 is key opens 9,400 only from previous moves this year.
Also looking for a US correction on share valuation which could drag the DAX with it. DAX turned down first so good chance it could turn back up first.

A bit of technical and fundamental then.
If only the US would give just a little back, cant see it happening though. Remember the story when Clinton left the White house and the staff took all the 'W' keys off the keyboard. I think Bernanke took all the 'Sell' buttons off the traders terminals when he left.

Short on CAC40 4355. Considering all the issues in Europe, there's no way that mad bullishness last week will hold up. Plus it screams for a short based upon my technical strategy (triple screen).

US price action yesterday displayed a bottoming type turn around signal. Expect more sideways fluctuations across the board today before another move north. Maybe today or tomo. All my main trades will be buy the dips, but will hedge out any temporary drawdown.

Reactions: 2be
Trading US markets right now is simple. BTFD. Never call a top on the Dow/S&P, especially when it's in 'distribution'.

US price action yesterday displayed a bottoming type turn around signal. Expect more sideways fluctuations across the board today before another move north. Maybe today or tomo. All my main trades will be buy the dips, but will hedge out any temporary drawdown.

Agree looks like more Aussie Golds in Scotland.:LOL:

Last edited by a moderator: