Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

So much kerfuffle in the US market news about the indices falling, when in reality the Dow is off only some 300 points from it's high -- barely 2%.

The Dax is off ~500 points, over 6%, from it's high this year.

Dow 14,000 would be a realistic, healthy pullback to match falls in other global markets (excl. Nikkei of course, another paper manufacturer). Charts look to 14,400 intially with a longer term fall to around 13,700 on resistance lines.

Likelihood is still that this all goes out of the window due to the printing presses in the US and Japan, and we get a strong bounce from tonight/tomorrow.

Morning All

ASX big down day, BHP and RIO down over 4%
Option expiry day added to the downside.
Looking for a bounce higher, US will probably decide how high we go.

ADD
ASX had been outperforming global markets this week, until today.

Last edited:
Morning Guys very quiet on here this AM, Think you sell this strength this morning, Markets normall make a low thursday or friday before expiry next week so could see some selling in the states, also lots of earnings out today !

Talbs, you might find my earlier posts useful on the markets. Most of it focuses on the US markets, but the US markets are leading right now, so also applicable to the European markets. If you follow my blog, there are lots of European updates too.

Good morning! So... | Facebook

Talbs, you might find my earlier posts useful on the markets. Most of it focuses on the US markets, but the US markets are leading right now, so also applicable to the European markets. If you follow my blog, there are lots of European updates too.

Good morning! So... | Facebook

Hi CTAC thanks for your reply, most of my trading is technical analysis, not sure about US markets leading the way, possibly to the upside but certainly not to the downside, i try not to let my fundamental views get in the way of what the charts say but ill have a look anyway, cant hurt to see other peoples views, cheers. Just relaised its on facebook, this is blocked at my bank so i wont be able to see it.

Hello Talbs, that was not fundamental analysis to say the US markets are leading - that was based on technicals, if you look at the recent peaks. You're right though, the US markets were leading the upside, but if you note the more recent increased speed in the falls, that has been led by the US markets as well.

But feel free to take a look and maybe you'll find it useful :)

ATB!

Hello Talbs, that was not fundamental analysis to say the US markets are leading - that was based on technicals, if you look at the recent peaks. You're right though, the US markets were leading the upside, but if you note the more recent increased speed in the falls, that has been led by the US markets as well.

But feel free to take a look and maybe you'll find it useful :)

ATB!

I think we can agree to disagree on this one, Dax has certainly be moving lower for the past few weeks and the speed of the sell off yesterday was the reason US futures were dragged lower, if you look in % terms off which market has sold off more i think u will find its the DAX and not the US. As i pointed out i am unable to access FB so i wont be able to look, thanks for the opportunity anyway, but ill stick with my model, it works for me and has made a quite a few people on this forum some nice £££, if you look back through the history of this forum.

As long as it works for you that's the main thing Talbs, then no reason to change. Glad you have something that works well for you :) all the best!

Dax dropped 190ish and now is up... ..... 21pts

suppose the base building will take a few days

This is what i mean, few people will start to stick bids in etc thinking we have seen the bottom, just before they hose it again, doesnt feel/look the confident this morning does it, as u said its only up small.

Need SP500 june to touch 1555.7 to indicate any strength 1562 would confirm a bullish turn

SPY 156.32/20 buy/sell pivots

well well... maybe twitter has security problems:LOL:

why would his clients leave him? is it because he's rubbish?

haha that cheered me up :LOL:! god today is boring zzzzzzzzzzz

Thing that made me laugh why is it relevent that he drives a porsche and has 4 houses ? sounds like a tool to me !

i'll pass on twitter .....problem is twitter = much info and much info = much money and much money = crooks .....although it all seems to going that way i can't figure why people would want to put their personal info on sites like twatter/fakebook :)