Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Good morning all.

Gone long FTSE at 6436. Have been fighting the markets with shorts recently so decided to buy on weakness. Only at minimum stake on IG.

Ian

Yes I've been doing the same. Went long earlier and closed out as there's a 20+point rage today until the DOW opens. Tuesdays are usually up days anyways.
Waiting for the SP500 to hit 1564+ before I start shorting that again.

My long term forecast

I think the Dow could make another high around 14700 all others will follow as usual. After the first quarter I think the markets have a good chance of a lengthy sideways move maybe months or even year end. This could give us a good channel to trade. If the Dow trades over 14700 for any length of time it may continue with it's “explosion of greatness” in which case I would change my view but that's how I see it for the mo....of course I'll look like a plonker if it tanks but hey ho :) Anyone else have a longer term view?

mmm, the isa selling season will soon be over so new money from that direction will be drying up. It's not gonna take much to turn the tide now, but US still seems gung ho for more and the alacrity with which they bought back the dip was impressive.

Attachments

• instiaccdist.png
    instiaccdist.png
    29 KB · Views: 136
this link below shows correlation between institutional accumulation/distribution and stock market,

Watch the Level of Institutional Investor Accumulation Now | Marty Chenard | Safehaven.com

Aye, problem is that when the money rolls in the funds have to buy whether they like it or not to meet their regulated investment ratio (95% in US isn't it). Their only choice if they think the market is going to tank is to buy the ones that they reckon will go down least :LOL:

Winners of the Soloquan Trophy

Post 1000 - Dick Lexic
Post 2000 - MartinC-J
Post 3000 - reksa
Post 4000 - Splitlink
Post 5000 - barjon

Post 6000 - barjon
Post 7000 - Dick Lexic
Post 8000 - Splitlink
Post 9000 - SuddenDeath
Post 10000 - Soloquan

Post 11000 - Dick Lexic
Post 12000 - SuddenDeath
Post 13000 - barjon
Post 14000 - barjon
Post 14443 - et.
Post 15000 - hereward the wake

Post 16000 - jungerns
Post 17000 - SuddenDeath
Post 18000 - Dick Lexic
Post 19000 - SuddenDeath
Post 20000 - bustech

Post 21000 - SuddenDeath

enjoy

FTSE short from earlier closed for 18 points profit, DOW seems to be going off a bit so live for another day.

Ian

Aye, problem is that when the money rolls in the funds have to buy whether they like it or not to meet their regulated investment ratio (95% in US isn't it). Their only choice if they think the market is going to tank is to buy the ones that they reckon will go down least :LOL:

also the market makers know that they have price insensitive forced buyers so they make sure they sell at highest price possible

What position are you taking? Long or short? It seem to be ticking up.

Tempted, you need to get your own system mate ....we are all god one day and the devil the next but you need to form your own beliefs ....if you are new to trading then be prepared fro a roller coaster ride

ASX now down for 3 days in a row, first time in 2013
Banks and miners taking the hit.
FTSE missed my range high by 5 points yesterday, will try again with same aim.
With the break down we seeing in Asia and AUS.
Looking for these numbers to be hit before the end of March.
ASX 4,933 to 4,967
FTSE 6,258 to 6,291
DOW 13,980 to 14,005

The DOW is the last index now holding back these levels.

With a bounce back in April, then sell in May.
Still think we will see the highs taken out again towards year end on better economic data and improved earnings.

My long term forecast

I think the Dow could make another high around 14700 all others will follow as usual. After the first quarter I think the markets have a good chance of a lengthy sideways move maybe months or even year end. This could give us a good channel to trade. If the Dow trades over 14700 for any length of time it may continue with it's “explosion of greatness” in which case I would change my view but that's how I see it for the mo....of course I'll look like a plonker if it tanks but hey ho :) Anyone else have a longer term view?

ASX 4,933 to 4,967
FTSE 6,258 to 6,291
DOW 13,980 to 14,005

Should have seen the high now in Nov to Apr period.
Just waiting for the US broker down grades to start.

Wild guess for year end.
ASX 5,500
FTSE 7,000
DOW15,300
Gives about 18% for the year.
DAX should under perform the above markets
8,300 gives 10%

Tempted, you need to get your own system mate ....we are all god one day and the devil the next but you need to form your own beliefs ....if you are new to trading then be prepared fro a roller coaster ride

Sure. Not new to trading but need reconfirmation of trend as i use the MACD, RSI, MOMENTUM, SMA . At time this works but not guaranteed! Happy trading!

ASX 4,933 to 4,967
FTSE 6,258 to 6,291
DOW 13,980 to 14,005

Should have seen the high now in Nov to Apr period.
Just waiting for the US broker down grades to start.

Wild guess for year end.
ASX 5,500
FTSE 7,000
DOW15,300
Gives about 18% for the year.
DAX should under perform the above markets
8,300 gives 10%

ok bus(ter) take your beat shot ....may the best trader win:LOL: