Anyone else getting these issues with the site?

TheBramble

Legendary member
Is anyone still looking at the annoying and random logoff that some of use are still getting? I will strangle anyone that suggests anything to do with cookies or changes I may have made to my machines – it’s happening on all of them and I haven't changed anything or am doing anything different, OK? I’m being prompted to login every few views of posts. Becoming a major irritation.

PLUS

On longing in, I no longer get the secondary menu of MyProfile UserCP FAQ…New Posts…etc I have to click on a forum at random to get these displayed.

PLUS

Can we dump the even more annoying ‘learn how to trade crude oil’ movie-ette at the top of the page? It forces me to wait until it’s finished its less than bloody hypnotic and increasingly tedious sales pitch before seeing any forums.

PLUS

Why is accessing the site dumping around 10MB of assorted GIFs and Christ knows what else onto my disk EACH visit?

PLUS

Site often ahngs when I scroll down and that other equally annoying movie-ette for MF Global Spreads is split across the top and lower parts of my screen.

Do us Beta Testers get paid?

Yes, me too.

Every time I bring up a new page I have to log back in. I use Opera normally and updated a few days ago, I was wondering if it was something to do with that?

presumably not.

Its the 1's and 0's

Had trouble with NOT auto re-logging in since updated Firefox a few days ago & one or two other screens that I don't think I asked for when clicking. Hate to say it, :LOL:, but since dumping the cookies and allowing them to re-install, it now seems to be ok (famous last words!)

I'm glad at least one other member DOES have problems or I'd start to believe those voices again....

that Finotec advert is stopping the loading of the page until the snazzy graphics finish.
tedious.

that Finotec advert is stopping the loading of the page until the snazzy graphics finish.
tedious.

trendie, I can't replicate this at my end. Is it happening on a particular forum? May I also ask what browser you're using so I can try and replicate it?

If members happen to spot adverts that they think might be causing viewing problems on the site at all, please contact me directly via PM and I'll be able to respond much more quickly.

Thanks.

I have been using firefox 3 on winxp sp2 with no problems.

Also firefox 3 on windows server 2008 and also minefield (64 bit firefox) on same os with no problems.

What browsers, browser models and os's are the people with issues using?

trendie, I can't replicate this at my end. Is it happening on a particular forum? May I also ask what browser you're using so I can try and replicate it?

If members happen to spot adverts that they think might be causing viewing problems on the site at all, please contact me directly via PM and I'll be able to respond much more quickly.

Thanks.

Firefox 3.0. (have PMed this as well)