Advice on forex managed accounts

dutchy124

Hello all, I am quite new to Forex trading and although I will continue to learn to trade privately I also wish to invest in a managed account. I am looking for a good history of profitable trades with a reasonable draw down. The company must be UK based and regulated as such.

I would be grateful for any advice on this subject, especially from anybody who has such an account and can personally recommend them.

I know if it was possible to hand over funds and someone else makes piles of dosh then surely everyone would do it, but I am sure out there somewhere there could be a company that does make a good profit year on year.

I am in the process of opening an account with captain currency from this site and will let you know how I get on. (He seems like a nice chap). Any comments appreciated.

You can either post here or if you wish can pm me.

Thank you for your time in reading this and hope to get some feedback whether good or bad.

Hello all, I am quite new to Forex trading and although I will continue to learn to trade privately I also wish to invest in a managed account. I am looking for a good history of profitable trades with a reasonable draw down. The company must be UK based and regulated as such.

I would be grateful for any advice on this subject, especially from anybody who has such an account and can personally recommend them.

I know if it was possible to hand over funds and someone else makes piles of dosh then surely everyone would do it, but I am sure out there somewhere there could be a company that does make a good profit year on year.

I am in the process of opening an account with captain currency from this site and will let you know how I get on. (He seems like a nice chap). Any comments appreciated.

You can either post here or if you wish can pm me.

Thank you for your time in reading this and hope to get some feedback whether good or bad.
Dutchy hello, welcome to t2w.

You should open an account with me if you really want to be trading and holding profitable positions. Yes CC may be a nice chap, but as you know, nice guys finish last ;)
The strategy 3 ducks has never actually posted a profit. It is nothing more than random cycling of flashy colors. There's no depth to it.

If you open an account with me, you can allocate funds to your link account then follow along with the emotional attachment, but with out the risk of being unexperienced and trading your own account.
I have personal experience trading Intraday and know all uncertainties associated with attempting to trade this way and will help you.

Either way, I can keep you alive where 99.99% perish.

Please take the time to visit my profile and follow through the sign-up proceedings through my 'homepage' link if you'd like.

Hope to hear from you,

DT
:)

(link)
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex-news-analysis/21295-classic-forex-21.html#post394243

Last edited:
Dutchy hello, welcome to t2w.

You should open an account with me if you really want to be trading and holding profitable positions. Yes CC may be a nice chap, but as you know, nice guys finish last ;)
The strategy 3 ducks has never actually posted a profit. It is nothing more than random cycling of flashy colors. There's no depth to it.

If you open an account with me, you can allocate funds to your link account then follow along with the emotional attachment, but with out the risk of being unexperienced and trading your own account.
I have personal experience trading Intraday and know all uncertainties associated with attempting to trade this way and will help you.

Either way, I can keep you alive where 99.99% perish.

Please take the time to visit my profile and follow through the sign-up proceedings through my 'homepage' link if you'd like.

Hope to hear from you,

DT

(link)
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex-news-analysis/21295-classic-forex-21.html#post394243

Hi DT,

thank you for the reply, I will certainly take a look at your site and the previous posts you have made here, but I was hoping for a few replies from people who have actively managed accounts and could give me some advice on the performance of managers.

They say that there is no better recommendation than a personal one.

Cheers Dutchy.

Hi DT,

thank you for the reply, I will certainly take a look at your site and the previous posts you have made here, but I was hoping for a few replies from people who have actively managed accounts and could give me some advice on the performance of managers.

They say that there is no better recommendation than a personal one.

Cheers Dutchy.
I'll save you the time, there are no others.
Here is a list of FX Managers that have come and gone since I've been here trading and posting live positions the last few years.

Aspen Trading Group
http://captaincurrency.blogspot.com/
Web hosting, domain name registration and web services by 1&1 Internet
Forex Market Analysis - ForexCycle.com - Home
Performance Forex News Trader
Forex Portfolio Management
Global Forex Signals - Real Time Forex Signals, Forex Predictions, Forex Recommendations, Forex Signals, Managed Forex, Forex Forecasts, Forex Alerts, Forex Training
iFOREX.bg - Forex Forecasts and Trading Signals
http://www.nextconsults.com/
Welcome to The Trading Zone
UnderstandMarket.com - Financial Advisor | Provider of Forex Signals
Welcome to myfxreport.com
Corsa Capital
FXGEO.NET :: Best Trading Signals. 100% Money Back Guarantee
High Returns Forex
Infiniti Point Assets Philippines
IRIS FX Currency Research/Analysis
Macao Management
Online Trading Academy - Online Trading - Trading Education - Trading School - Stock Trading - Day Trading
The Essentials of Trading
: Tibra Capital :
FOREX MILLION - forex forecasts - Contact

DT

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know much about managed fx accounts, but I do know that should I hand over money to such, I would consider myself to have take leave of my senses.

Here is a sobering thought. If the account manager is taking x% of profits, there is a clear motivation to engage in over leveraged, high risk strategies on the simple basis that if they come off the manager does very nicely thank you, and if not, well, it isn't their money anyway.

It is like giving away free options.

If you really want to do this, then you must insist on an audited track record over several years. Asking for recommendations on internet message boards is akin to Russian roulette.

Last edited:
I'll be the first to admit that I don't know much about managed fx accounts, but I do know that should I hand over money to such, I would consider myself to have take leave of my senses.

Asking for recommendations on internet message boards is akin to Russian roulette.

I agree with the above comment, an established fund worth their salt really would have no need whatsoever to be fishing or touting on a public board for business (absolutely no disrespects intended towards Depth Trade).

That’s not to say these folks don’t inhabit public (as well as private) boards, but you wouldn’t really know who they were or where they operate unless of course they wanted you to know.

Most, if not all of their investment capital (once established) comes by way of recommendation and/or compound funding. In fact, if they really cut the mustard, not only will their minimum criteria be well out of bounds to the majority of those surfing a typical trading bulletin board, but they would be in an enviable position of “vetting” any fresh input, wholly dependant upon the attitude & intended expectations of the potential client(s).

I strongly disagree however with your comments regards the trading activities & management of said funds. A smartly managed & diverse portfolio will have very definite & structured investment (trading) aims & expectations & would most definitely not breach those parameters.

The savvy have no need to ramp or over-extend their risk profiles. Successful funds remain buoyant, solvent & financially competent thru a combination of experienced management & skilled trading operations.

They’re not all fly by night, excessive risk taking wide boys out there. But I do appreciate that the activities of some of the idiots often become magnified & unfortunately, that’s the impression most folks are left with.

As with all business, trade/investments included: you got very different standards of application, competence & success measures going on out there.

Nither Craig, nor Ampro know what there talking about.

One can come up with any excuse they would like to, but one thing does not change. If you are a company and are missing out on a forum that has over 80,000 traders and has 5x the visitors. It's because they can't post a profit to solicit the clients.

That simple. You don't miss out on the potential clients unless you can't get them.

Coming from the only person making a profit on this forum, listen to me. I know what I'm talking about. I have worked in the Grandest, largest trade floors in the world, there is no excuse no to be posting live trades soliciting clients.

The truth is that most of these houses that say there trading but never post actual trades are in fact using your money for other ventures, then manipulate account statements to make it seem as if there making you a profit from trading. When in fact the money is being loaned out for Real Esate ventures.

Total fraud.

I am the only one trading.

DT

Being a Trading Fund and not posting on the biggest boards on the internet is the equivelent of being a Ski clothing manufaturer and refusing to show at Ski events and rallies.

It makes no sence, unless you know you going to be called out as a fraud by a real trader.

There not trading. These so called super funds are not actually trading.

DT

It's obvious you know nothing Craig, you have never even traded. ..So yeah, don't comment on something you knowingly, know nothing about;)

DT

Whoooa, tak'er easy cowboy! No need to go circling the wagons – I come in peace. :)

Who said anything about (me or anyone else) soliciting for business? You’re the only individual involved in that process (in this thread) far as I can see. Don’t worry DT, I’m certainly not chasing your potential client bank, :LOL:

Besides, I would have thought a man of your prior history-experience in the industry would have a half decent contact base built up over the years.

Failing that, there are very adequate fund procurers-deal makers out there specializing in matching $$’s with trade operations. Surely that route would prove more efficient if you’re light on (trading) capital.

If prowling the prairies of a public bulletin board touting your wares drums up a wedge worth shouting over, then good hunting to you my friend.

You got a spell & grammar check where you’re at over there by any chance? You might want to invest a little time on the presentation front. Well heeled clients tend to appreciate attention to detail ;)

Continued good trading to you buddy. Have a green week!

Whoooa, tak'er easy cowboy! No need to go circling the wagons – I come in peace. :)

Who said anything about (me or anyone else) soliciting for business? You’re the only individual involved in that process (in this thread) far as I can see. Don’t worry DT, I’m certainly not chasing your potential client bank, :LOL:

Besides, I would have thought a man of your prior history-experience in the industry would have a half decent contact base built up over the years.

Failing that, there are very adequate fund procurers-deal makers out there specializing in matching $$’s with trade operations. Surely that route would prove more efficient if you’re light on (trading) capital.

If prowling the prairies of a public bulletin board touting your wares drums up a wedge worth shouting over, then good hunting to you my friend.

You got a spell & grammar check where you’re at over there by any chance? You might want to invest a little time on the presentation front. Well heeled clients tend to appreciate attention to detail ;)

Continued good trading to you buddy. Have a green week!
Then correct me my good friend, please direct me to 5 known profiting Currency traders or firms.

List them right here:

I am waiting.

DT

Well, it's been 5 minutes and still no reply.

Oddly your were so quick to reply about how many traders there are out there, yet you can't come up with one name.

Hmm, how odd.

DT

Babe, you can always tell who the real players are..

..there the one's not giving a hoot, living it up, spending $$$$

Let's go ahead and get this party going before we get to serious this morning.

watch

Depth Trade, Depth Trade slow down there hoss.

Some of us got work to tend to. We don't got all day to spit baccy at spitoons & kick pigs off porches.

You're assuming that this one bright shining star of a website contains all the trading activity in the universe??

Your comments just don't make sense.

Are you taking some fierce, hostile meds over at your ranch??

Don't be so tetchy now. Treat your female brethren with a kind manner. It's only Monday & the UK sky is bursting with rare sunlight. Happy dayzzz :clover:

Some of us got work to tend to. We don't got all day to spit baccy at spitoons & kick pigs off porches.

You're assuming that this one bright shining star of a website contains all the trading activity in the universe??

Don't be so tetchy now. Treat your female brethren with a kind manner. It's only Monday & the UK sky is bursting with rare sunlight. Happy dayzzz :clover:
Ampro, I just want to know if you listened to the video?

DT

Let's go ahead and get this party going before we get to serious this morning.

My my, little wonder your head is full of fairy lights & sparkling fireworks with all that noise & dancing kicking up a storm.

Ladies don't partake in pis**** contests with rowdy cowboys. Besides, I'm wearing expensive, pretty Jimmy Choo's today & they're not partial to having urine deposited all over them.

I'll leave you be hotshot.....you obviously got important fund procurement to be attending to :D

Meds? sure

ssh, just don't tell any one ;)

DT

Attachments

• hookah.jpg
    hookah.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 253
My my, little wonder your head is full of fairy lights & sparkling fireworks with all that noise & dancing kicking up a storm.

Ladies don't partake in pis**** contests with rowdy cowboys. Besides, I'm wearing expensive, pretty Jimmy Choo's today & they're not partial to having urine deposited all over them.

I'll leave you be hotshot.....you obviously got important fund procurement to be attending to :D
Have a good one Ampro, you'll be back ;)

DT

post #18 :LOL:

Where'd you get that snap of our Daddy??!!

Don't slip up on any banana skins out there this week Cowboy!!

You have a good one too.....

ohhh & while I remember: let's have some more of that lazy, laid back Hank Jr (& associates) stuff on your "main" thread - now that's music to make money by.