Active day and swing traders

barjon said:
you guys seem to do well following the order book but i suspect it would only confuse me. perhaps we ought to join forces and get the best of both worlds :cheesy:

good trading

jon

Hi Jon,

I only use the order book for intraday trade entry/exit timing. For me, it's just another tool in the armoury - and (note to self) I need to be disciplined enough to use it mainly for that.

As with you (I expect), the most important thing is to find the right instruments and get the direction right . You never know, maybe we'll find a trade we agree on one day :cheesy:. The last couple of weeks have not been too good for me but after a cracking start to the month, I guess that's par for the course.

Cheers,

Mark

ICI has just taken a bit of a leap towards my buy trigger and I see strong buying interest in order book, so just opened 50% size long @ 262.25 in expectation of trigger being breached. Again will exit before EOD if trigger not hit, or place other 50% if it is.

marben said:
Hi Jon,

You never know, maybe we'll find a trade we agree on one day :cheesy:.

Mark

Mark

We'd better not - got to keep the casual reader confused :LOL: Do you have a reasonably permanent watchlist stable of runners or does it chop and change much?

Euro-d

Did you take that azn flutter - bit close to results time for me. What's it like in sunny Spain, it's damn cold here at the moment.

good trading

jon

barjon said:
Mark

Euro-d

Did you take that azn flutter - bit close to results time for me. What's it like in sunny Spain, it's damn cold here at the moment.

good trading

jon
My flutter was AVZ @ 411 and that is more or less where it is now. BGY is slightly up everything else is flat except SMDS from a couple of weeks ago, up from 148 to 156.
Market is slow today and I cannot even see a a quickie on the FTSE or DAX.

Well I live in the North West tip and it is wet and windy, just like home!
Dave

dave

oops! sorry - can't tell my v from my n. once made the same mistake for real :cry:

jon

barjon said:
Mark

...Do you have a reasonably permanent watchlist stable of runners or does it chop and change much?...

good trading

jon

Hi Jon,

I have a watchlist but it's only moderately stable. I monitor it daily for candidates that are "ripe", to enter the next day if/when they reach trigger levels (adjusted daily), or ought to be chopped out as they're not developing as I'd like. Twice weekly I review the FTSE100 for candidates to add to the list.

I'm currently watching SPW, JMAT, BT, SMIN and BG for shorts and ICI for a long when they reach trigger levels.

I'm currently monitoring AZN, DXNS, FP, IHG, MKS and SGE for possible shorts soon and CBRY, SCTN for possible longs.

BTW closed earlier ICI long @ 260.75 - doesn't look like trigger level will be reached today.

Cheers,

Mark

Sh1t, got bored and went to lunch and missed the very clear UXK short @ 5263. 10 (at least) easy points down the drain, ah well.
We could get a bounce off where we are now, 5248 ish but the collapse of the DOW/DOW future worries me. I will wait and see as I see UKX sort below 5240. FTSE future also weak!

'morning all,

Nipped in with a quick short of AZN at 2395 this morning. Price had leapt 50p after CEO announces departure (no successor announced).

This one appeared on my radar yesterday as a prospective short.

Looking good so far.

Good trading!

Mark

Morning all. got stopped on ARM late yesterday for a 0.25 loss.
Long on COB this morning @ 141 and looking to enter UKX @ 5070 short.

Hi KHI, IMHO BLT is not ripe for a long. it has just turned down from the high that was also resistence begining of March. If it breaks 795 ish then I would agree.
But then what do I know!!!
Best of luck

thanks euro_d, thats what i thought, i got filled half of my usual size, and "IF" it does break that 95 i will add more.

Morning Khi

Two or three for you to look at

PMO buy - target 730
HSBA sell - target 910
QED buy - target 580

Let me know what you think

mornin' all

khi

blt - i was waiting for another low for a potential swing low entry signal but it looks to have plenty of oomph left. as euro-d says that 28/2 high is a bit off-putting and north of that at the close would be good. you'll be keeping a close eye on it no doubt.

by the way euro-d we don't deal in luck here :cool: we're coldly dispassionate, nerveless and totally without emotion of any sort :LOL: :LOL:

good trading

jon

khi, Jill,

FWIW I'm neutral on both blt & HSBA: they've had long bull runs which might continue somewhat longer or might be about to turn. No signals yet with my methods.

Re PMO & QED - I restrict my trading to FTSE100 stocks.

Cheers,

Mark

Hi Jilly (Kens acquaintance too)
PMO yep but yesterdays up was on low vol? However, I agree everything else seems in place.
HSBA, I cant see that one
QED, not sure of property stocks.
How about BRE?

JillyB said:
Morning Khi

Two or three for you to look at

PMO buy - target 730
HSBA sell - target 910
QED buy - target 580

Let me know what you think

hi jill, how r u doin, long time no see. they look good, will keep eyes on them. can see hsba to go to ur target as there was a bearish engulfing pattern on the 27th but with regard t othe trend being stil bullish, i would rather buy on the dip. well thats my thoughts anyway. :idea:

Last edited: