Active day and swing traders

After my last post I entered UKX short @ 5272 and watched it down to 5250, I think it has further to go but I dont hold index trades overnight so thats points in the bag!
Talking of which I am off to play golf!
19 points is fine for me, closed 5253.

Euro_d said:
After my last post I entered UKX short @ 5272 and watched it down to 5250, I think it has further to go but I dont hold index trades overnight so thats points in the bag!

Nice one Euro_d, enjoy your round.

Euro_d said:

yeah nice one euro_d.

morning all

closed rbs at opening acution, in case they need to raise cash to fund their chinese acquisition. but will wait for opps to get back. in :confused:

morning jon, not seen u for a few days, hope ur still in ba. it makes me feel a lil bit sick...got stopped out at 285 and what is it now??... 298....arrrhhhhh

mornin' all

you've all been busy while i've been away then ;)

i see i'm at loggerheads with mark again - i'm long jmat . long ulvr this morning ( we got the timing dead wrong last time, kim, :( so watching ultra carefully)

good trading

jon

'morning Jon et al,

Well, I'll either be out of JMAT today or moving to full size, depending on whether it reaches my initial target.

Gone short BG @ 468.25 this morning. Interims today look "in-line" to me, & stock has had quite a run up recently. 50% size trade, waiting to see whether initial target reached, again "double or quits" according to whether it's reached.

Good trading all!

Mark

khi said:
morning jon, not seen u for a few days, hope ur still in ba. it makes me feel a lil bit sick...got stopped out at 285 and what is it now??... 298....arrrhhhhh

in ba. but it's the second stab (from 91) after i got stopped out like you first time.

khi

ps: you still running rb? going great guns - glad my potential short never triggered :)

i'm all long at the moment which is making me nervous :eek:

jon

barjon said:
khi

ps: you still running rb? going great guns - glad my potential short never triggered :)

i'm all long at the moment which is making me nervous :eek:

jon

nah out of it while ago and not got back in. i am short on bats and long on kgf at the mo, thats all.

Morning all.
What a slow morning!
Longs as yesterday
Nothing much in the sights, perhaps a tiny flutter on AVZ recent correction and could retrace bact to high of 430, careful though. Like MTO better, bounced off lower trend line yesterday.
I am in both but small and tight stops.

barjon said:
mornin' all

you've all been busy while i've been away then ;)

i see i'm at loggerheads with mark again - i'm long jmat . long ulvr this morning ( we got the timing dead wrong last time, kim, :( so watching ultra carefully)

good trading

jon
Well, looks like JMAT's going your way this morning :) . I'm out for now (closed @ 1080.5), looking for a higher entry.

Current position: long BSY, short BG.

Looking at possible: shorts in SPW, JMAT, BT, SMIN; long in ICI

good trading,

Mark

khi said:
i have just gone long on jmat too and spw

Looks like someone agrees with you & Jon: I see a trade to buy 5.3m JMAT just printed @ 1080 :cheesy:

With that buyer out of the system, I wonder whether the price will now drop - would be typical with me just having closed my short & you guys going long :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Mark

marben said:
Looks like someone agrees with you & Jon: I see a trade to buy 5.3m JMAT just printed @ 1080 :cheesy:

With that buyer out of the system, I wonder whether the price will now drop - would be typical with me just having closed my short & you guys going long :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Mark

hi mark

i just like the chart of jamt now. as usual nothings guarranteed, as we speak i have just cut out my short on bats

...and I've also closed the BG short @ 470.25: market doesn't seem to be going my way.... yet. Will again wait for a proper entry, hopefully from a higher price.

Just entered BGY. Positive words and stock outside trading range, could just pull back inside and there seems plenty of steam to take it to 450+.
Now I am in it will drop !!!!!
Actually, should have spotted it earlier as it has already gone up 10

marben said:

Cheers,

Mark

mmm, that's all too complicated for me :confused: just a simple confirmed swing low from my perspective - no entry day after because of gap opening and downward movement, but second day triggered it.

you guys seem to do well following the order book but i suspect it would only confuse me. perhaps we ought to join forces and get the best of both worlds :cheesy:

good trading

jon

Attachments

• jmat.gif
    jmat.gif
    8.5 KB · Views: 156
I am not in JMAT but looking at the charts we can see that we are at the bottom of a trading range and just peaking above 10 & 20ema. Volumes were low for the last couple of days that to me suggest the selling pressure is over.
Good luck to those who are in.