Aberdeen Meet

dash riprock

Hi
Are their any traders in or around Aberdeen that would be interested in a meet late Febuary early March ?

dash

OOOOH me me me me!
make it a weekend, I'd prefer March as I was in Aberdeen last weekend, and I'm yer man!
Seriously though... I'd be happy to go for a meet, but I'd be booking into a hotel for the night, so somewhere fairly central would be best on Saturday - I can make central Aberdeen by about 8pm Friday, I'd want to be homeward bound by midday Sunday.
Open to ideas...
Optimist - I've a pal in Texas, you could share a cab? (Let's see, 5300 miles at 10p per 1/12 mile ....)
Dave

Hi

Just adding my name to the list. Was in contact with Dash about setting this up.
Any ideas on venue etc. would be appreciated.
I would be happy with a weekend also.

thanks

Saint

dash riprock said:
Hi
Are their any traders in or around Aberdeen that would be interested in a meet late Febuary early March ?

dash

Okay -
just did a search of the Aberdeen hotels, and if pushed I could get the Mrs to pick me up etc... we usually pop to the Dyce Marriot for a mini break, but it's been a touch iffy lately and I'd find it pretty convenient (not least when trying to suggest a weekend away where I happened to disappear for a while) if somewhere like the Hi;lton Treetops was an option?

I figure anywhere fairly central is okay, I can always taxi it, or get the better half to pick me up, and if I can disguise it as a shoppex where the wife and kids have a hotel pool to lounge around then I can probably get away with spending up to 18 hrs propping up the bar and talking shop.

My ideal would be a meet on Saturday evening - I'd either check in Friday night or (more likely) Sat midday - but I can make it into the bar (if this is tee toal I'm not coming <g>) any time from about 8pm Friday onwards, but I'd have to be away by midday Sunday.

I'm definitely up for it, March is better than Feb for me, but if I had to I'd make this weekend <g>
Dave

I was in aberdeen at the weekend, but I might be able to get there early march. I will have to catch a ferry to get there so it needs to fit in with their timetable and if it is above a force 9 there is no chance (not doing that again) :)

Adrian

DaveJB said:
just did a search of the Aberdeen hotels, and if pushed I could get the Mrs to pick me up etc... we usually pop to the Dyce Marriot for a mini break,

I usually stay in the marriot as well, perhaps we could get are wives and kids chatting and then sneak off ;)

Hi A99,
good scheme pal! 1/2 term break so we went for a shopping spree Friday, minor shop Sat, off for home after gargantuan breakfast Sunday.... but being Vlad the Impaler Day Weekend (might have been Valentine, I'm bad with names) they were pretty chock full and severely annoyed me with lack of service all round so we decided to try elsewhere next time. (I almost died of starvation Sat night). I imagine you noticed it, unless unusually fortunate. (Check your bill by the way - I've never had an accurate one off them yet, this time the accidental overcharge was a modest £18 or so... the people before us in the checkout line were also ovecharged, I didn't stop to check the people behind us).

Unlike yourself we can manage the Granite City most weekends currently, without the aid of floatation devices and a following wind... although the better half is about to embark on her final 6 months of shifts prior to retirement so after March/April I might not manage weekends as easily. (The pits are closing anyway). I'd be quite happy to pop along the A96 now and again for a meet, I just didn't think there were that many around here to make it worth doing.

Dave

Well it would be saturday 5th or 12th of March.. Advise on afternoon/evening.

My suggestion would be somewhere like 'The Dutch Mill' on Queen's Road for a
pint and a chat. There are six nations games on 12th afternoon though and it
tends to get really busy for them.

Like finding traders in a haystack. :cheesy:

Aberdeen Meet

Cant make the 12th as I am going to edinburgh for the Scotland game the next day.
I know I am a gluten for punishment maybe thats also why I daytrade.

dash

Okay with me for date,
as for venue I have no idea, but a decent sized place where we can chat without having people roaring support would be good - I'm a non-smoker (ex) and my lungs can't handle anywhere heavy with smoke (it's not a fashion thing, I've had several collapsed lungs and genuinely can't hack a smokey room) so I'd appreciate somewhere the air only reeked of beer <g>

I'm guessing I'll book into Hilton Treetops, or Ardoe House - from the look of things somewhere south/southwest is favourite, and Queens Road seems to be out that way, if 6 Nations is gonna fill the place might the 5th not be a better bet?

Dave

I'm in Aberdeen and would fancy a meet up after 21st March....meal...drink or both?

Just had a quick check and the cheap airlines are flying in there from Belfast... yet

It is actually cheaper for me to get a Taxi from Belfast to Aberdeen than to fly - honestly!

Okay,
5 march is only a week away so I figure this'd best be decided -
I can make Saturday afternoons okay, and although I have a habit of getting somewhat lost when driving around the outskirts of Aberdeen (I can mapread or drive, my wife can't do one and chooses to avoid the other, so don't be surprised if I arrive spitting and fuming <g>)

12th isn't a goer I'd suggest, so how abouta quick vote for 5th or 19th? I'm up for either.

Okay folks

If were to have this get together on sat could you reply to this so as to get some idea of numbers and arrange time and location etc.

dash

Can make this Sat., or 12th or 19th, I'd prefer afternoon - going into early evening would be okay at a push.
Dave