A reality call...

So it was purely the psychological impact that having a mentor had? There were no methods or information that helped you push past that barrier?

For me personally, it was psychological.

Strangely enough, I knew a lot less than I thought I knew at the time, and its possible that the guy who I thought was profitable was simply an example of survivorship bias. If I'd have stumbed across him 5 years later it probably wouldnt have had the same impact !

To answer your question---a lot of saved time, probably.

It does does not mean to say that that person can be trusted but, if you could find the right one, he would save you a lot of time.

Most of the dedicated students who follow this business and who are known on this site, have been trying new ideas for years and they are, still, looking.

The search for perfection is endless ( just as well or we'd all be bored stiff ):)

The search for perfection is endless ( just as well or we'd all be bored stiff ):)

There's a bit of a difference between continuous improvement, and blindly stumbling around jumping from one idea to the next.

This is a serious question... What information could someone who has excelled in this field give me that I would be unable to find or work out for myself through hard work and dedication etc? How would knowing someone personally move me from never being able to make money to becoming consistent?

Nuance.

Same in any profession. Fact is, there are few professions that can be learnt without being taught.

Many people expect to be able to pick up a book from Barnes & Noble for $24.99 and make a living from it.

It's presumed it's no harder that picking up a recipe book.

This is a serious question... What information could someone who has excelled in this field give me that I would be unable to find or work out for myself through hard work and dedication etc?

None, nothing, zero. But some people don't have the brains to figure out what is what and it really bothers them to know that others have, without ever attending a seminar, training course or enlisting the help of a personal mentor.

It's obvious that it really bothers them...:LOL:

None, nothing, zero. But some people don't have the brains to figure out what is what and it really bothers them to know that others have, without ever attending a seminar, training course or enlisting the help of a personal mentor.

It's obvious that it really bothers them...:LOL:

Haha, glad to see you've got it all figured out Newie.