what happens when you had it, but now its gone....

yes, although just doing the opposite sounds easy, whos going to fill u? now YOUR not buying the high and selling the low!

"""""Mmmm.....the ability to be completely self controlled, ignore your emotions and to change your view on the evidence in front of your eyes and not follow your opinion........these are essential.""""

think anyone starting out should print that off an put it on their monitor. infact, anyone whos trades full stop.

trading is a lifestyle. trading is life.

how many other people in this world are working at 11 at night and are genuinely excited by the prospect of being at their desk at 7 in the morning for another wonderful 12 hours of learning.... before home for dinner, quick chat with the wife, then more 'searching' for yet unknown questions...

I never chat with the wife...it wastes valuable time :LOL:

Bless her... she has a tough time with me... and all my cranky idea's...

I think there's a good case for having a "traders WAGS" Mag... I reckon its a goer... get down to Broadgate Circle on Friday night theres plenty to go round ... lol lol

yes, although just doing the opposite sounds easy, whos going to fill u? now YOUR not buying the high and selling the low!

"""""Mmmm.....the ability to be completely self controlled, ignore your emotions and to change your view on the evidence in front of your eyes and not follow your opinion........these are essential.""""

think anyone starting out should print that off an put it on their monitor. infact, anyone whos trades full stop.

trading is a lifestyle. trading is life.

how many other people in this world are working at 11 at night and are genuinely excited by the prospect of being at their desk at 7 in the morning for another wonderful 12 hours of learning.... before home for dinner, quick chat with the wife, then more 'searching' for yet unknown questions...

It is certainly not necessary to put that many hours in to be successful or unsuccessful. Maybe initially, but not continuously. You are trying to hard, find another angle

agree and disagree, if i may! when you need to put the hours in, do it. then, when you dont, go on holiday....

thing with trading, it doesnt matter how hard you work, there are no guarantees. i reason that with no hard work, your chances of continued success reduce. and seeing as this is an odds game. HERE I AM!!! (although typing on here doesnt count!)

traders wags mag.... drop an email to magnus at trader magazine(traderdaily,com) sure hed love the idea!!

Attachments

• images[27].jpg
    images[27].jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 311
Personally - I think if you have a real edge then it never goes away. It may go through bad patches where it doesn't seem to produce results but people don't change and the herd mentality or whatever you want to call it usually resumes after periods of uncertainty and your edge starts working again.

I think if you had a system that worked and no longer does - then it was not really an edge - you probably found a system that was easy to spot and you and a whole load of other traders jumped on the bandwagon thereby destroying the perceieved edge in the process. A real edge is being able to think outside the box and finding something not so obvious that doesn't change.

Just my 2p.