9/11 short sellers

I was looking at that as well. Too much yankee influence.

I meant countdown. The show. Used to be hosted by Richard Whitley. Then Des O'Oonnor. Old people like it.

Oh I see.
I assume that is some sort of daytime television programme is it?
I apologise for my ignorance; I just don't have the time or the inclination to watch daytime TV so it's an area about which I know nothing.
You do seem to be an expert and viewer of long standing if you know all its previous "hosts".
I'm sure it must be a erudite programme and you have become a sapient person as a result of your viewing.

A train of thought - I was speaking to Carol Vodermann a couple of years ago at a charity ball (yes, I must be "old") and she mentioned how she disliked the word and preferred "presenter" for TV shows.
I am also looking out on our back garden and can see "a host of golden daffodils" - a line I'm sure you've heard before.
So the two ideas juxtaposed...........got to go markets opening

A train of thought - I was speaking to Carol Vodermann a couple of years ago at a charity ball

Unless you knew of Countdown (and that Carol Vorderman shared the role of presenter), why would this have seemed relevant for you to mention?

And shouldn't it be an erudite programme?

How did a thread about shorting prior to 9/11 turn into this?

I'm sure I'm once again the cause of this deviation but I'm not sure how.

Unless you knew of Countdown (and that Carol Vorderman shared the role of presenter), why would this have seemed relevant for you to mention?

And shouldn't it be an erudite programme?

Again just a train of thought - "host" made me think of my personal experience of such people which is limited to a conversation with her, (she presented/hosted the charity ball on behalf of GOSH), and Piers Morgan who was also invoved in the conversation.
I didn't actually know till you mentioned it that she was involved with that programme.

Of course it should have been "an". My apologies.

Anyway, enough of my boring trains of thought.

AM, that's the fun of threads, they often deviate as well as being diversionary.
Don't worry about it. It's only a bit of fun. Most people don't mean any harm whatsoever.

Well nobody else seems to have bothered so I'll do it.

Who was shorting pre- 9/11?

Anybody who had a f**king clue!

(FYI the Dow Jul 2000 - Mar 2002)

Attachments

• 911.gif
    911.gif
    27.5 KB · Views: 130
Well nobody else seems to have bothered so I'll do it.

Who was shorting pre- 9/11?

Anybody who had a f**king clue!

(FYI the Dow Jul 2000 - Mar 2002)
And even those who weren’t already short that market on the day, would have (hopefully) been ready to make a little profit on the rebound from what was a rather overdone response.

All the relatives of the people who died and suffered as a result of 9/11 and its consequences would disagree with that!

No one is really utilitarian. They might claim to be on an intellectual level, but fact is they're not.