8 methods to consistent profitability

This gets my vote for "Worst Thread of the Year" and "Worst T2W Contributer of the Decade".

Well done 15min tl lb dl tb el vd.

This is actually the best thread for traders , but not for vendors like course sellers , trading educators , authors , book sellers ,software sellers , indicator sellers and other internet marketeers.

This is actually the best thread of the year for traders , because traders can get everything for free by just doing a free course on you tube , with all the links provided .It should be rated 10 stars, unfortunately zoo ratings don't mean a thing .The rating system is flawed with dirty politics and commercial interests , with vendors , zoo creatures and and game wardens , operating a rating system to suit their own commercial interests .I am deluded to think it is not a fair ratings system , the idiots on forex factory believe in their rating system and forum rules designed to make their owners rich and screw the traders.

This thread was a bait for the the frauds and pretenders to come out and admit being frauds , and show it with their involvement.You fell for the bait , so did Neil and CLUELESS cable monster..with his clue less handle.It shows the frauds.

There have been plenty of them on this forum and many other forums.A moderators on another forum sent me a private message , your free trading course info is hurting our sponsors and the commercial interests of sponsors and forum owner.

What you gonna do , ban me like lowlifes?

I have nothing against people providing a service to traders to benefit , and charging for it.It would have saved me 5 years of my life to be successful , but I read too many idiots on many other clueless idiots on other forums , to show me the path.

Now I found it .I don't need u.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:
It has done it again - 40.Don't make me angry.

What a load of Wank / Lulz / Whatever.

But enough is enough. The very best thing a beginner can do is ignore all of the BS this guy has come out with the last few months.

I can't say I know any pro's (I assume this means IB) personally however I will allow you the last word.

but if you to believe ,and assume I am not a liar, backtests over thousands of trades on 2 pip versus 0 zero spread , increased profitability by several fold.

There is also a position sizing formula which ensures very few losses.That is for my own use.

Option strategies with unique mm can make profit consistently for buyers , but I will talk about them later.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

some of you are awful
(shame on you)

ALL beginners know almost non of the info in some of the posts when they first start out
so where is it usually learnt ? by trial and error / loss
and as pointed out - often from snake oil sales men

some of the snakes are worth millions and hardly even trade, so whos in the wrong here,

maybe some of the complaining is from a few of the salesmen?

everyone has to start somewhere,
and there are many pointless posts and threads on site, this wasn't one of them, until the nonsense started

and no im not a beginner - but can see this thread would of been quite useful when i was starting out, and still may have a look at a few links when time

maybe some should perhaps add something constructive

Last edited:
Consistent profitability. What does that mean? Every trade? Every day? Week, month, year? What? Trading is about probabilities not certainty. Just like any business. You can have all the right things in the right place at the right time with all the right people and you can still get shafted. It happens. Aiming for consistent profitability is probably the last thing anyone should be concentrating on when they're trying to make money. That comes about as a byproduct of the process.

You want 'methods' to support the probability of on-going success and 'overall eventual profitability'? Fundamentals, Research, Knowledge, Experience, Discipline, Effort, Energy, Stamina, Confidence, Self-Belief, Resilience, Quietness of Mind, Passion, Capital, Network, Information, Luck.

Alternatively, as many reading First Steps will have their account fully funded with £1000 and a chart full of indicators. Remove all your indicators. Then just stick three moving averages on it: a short one, one 4 times the length of the short one and one 10 times the length of the short one. When the shortest crosses the longest, trade. Exit when the shortest crosses the middle size one. Do not trade in the middle of a run, wait for a cross; there's always another one. Take every cross. Laugh at the losers. Ignore the winners. At the end of the week, not before, check your bottom line. You will not believe just how close you are to how the pros do it. Sorry, almost forgot - take long lunches and play golf in the afternoons.

This sort of moving average stuff and advice has lost a lot of money for traders, they get chopped out in ranging markets with lagging indicators..It stops working in poor price action ranging markets , this is why all eas fail , they use lagging information.There are hundreds of 3 moving average systems freely available on the internet , and 95 % losers on other forums giving poor advice,

By the time you get a moving average signal , the smarter trades are exiting , and the 95 % losers are entering.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

What a load of Wank / Lulz / Whatever.

But enough is enough. The very best thing a beginner can do is ignore all of the BS this guy has come out with the last few months.

I can't say I know any pro's (I assume this means IB) personally however I will allow you the last word.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Last word is ........buy all the systems in the world (collective or free systems on the net) , buy the one method ( I have upset the one method sellers , and made them feel useless with their one method) , upset authors (using forums to market their books of failed trading techniques ), upset the course sellers (selling useless seminars to teach trading in a day or a week) , upset the price action snake oil marketers , or the zulu animals hanging around forums with failures selling account blow out signals,.

Anymore people that are upset can rate this thread one star.The real enemy in trading is the trader himself.Stop looking to others for the answer .

If you do a technical anylysis of posters , you will know who the vendors are , their posts and posting content are evident from their posting history ,I can deduce you are a vendor with commercial interests

This sort of moving average stuff and advice has lost a lot of money for traders, they get chopped out in ranging markets with lagging indicators..It stops working in poor price action ranging markets , this is why all eas fail , they use lagging information.There are hundreds of 3 moving average systems freely available on the internet , and 95 % losers on other forums giving poor advice,

By the time you get a moving average signal , the smarter trades are exiting , and the 95 % losers are entering.

The trick is being able to identify when a market is ranging and then stand aside. All systems will fail if a trader thinks he can trade it blindly in any market conditions.

Last edited:

Did you apply the moving averages I suggested to a chart, any chart, and run it? Did you read my instructions on the method about only taking the first cross and not taking a trade mid-run? Take a look what happens in the range – nothing – no trades taken. Yeah, most new traders using moving average cross do get taken out for precisely the reason they trade it in every market condition, even when it’s not trending. Hence my additional advice. You may also want to expand your research as the humble moving average cross is one of the few methods that have consistently, over the long term, proven profitable. I suspect any number of other members reading your comment felt the urge to stick up a chart showing you a cross where the smart money would definitely not have been bailing out, but piling in. I kept it simple given the nature of the forum and to enable inexperienced traders to calculate the medium and longer moving averages with utility. Once they’ve done that, they will notice they don’t need the smallest moving average as the price will do quite nicely. I don’t think you could accuse the price of being a lagging indicator. My reason for posting was to offset the ponderous twaddle of your initial post on this thread. The last thing an inexperienced trader eager to learn needs is someone with even less experience giving them advice.

Did you apply the moving averages I suggested to a chart, any chart, and run it? Did you read my instructions on the method about only taking the first cross and not taking a trade mid-run? Take a look what happens in the range – nothing – no trades taken. Yeah, most new traders using moving average cross do get taken out for precisely the reason they trade it in every market condition, even when it’s not trending. Hence my additional advice. You may also want to expand your research as the humble moving average cross is one of the few methods that have consistently, over the long term, proven profitable. I suspect any number of other members reading your comment felt the urge to stick up a chart showing you a cross where the smart money would definitely not have been bailing out, but piling in. I kept it simple given the nature of the forum and to enable inexperienced traders to calculate the medium and longer moving averages with utility. Once they’ve done that, they will notice they don’t need the smallest moving average as the price will do quite nicely. I don’t think you could accuse the price of being a lagging indicator. My reason for posting was to offset the ponderous twaddle of your initial post on this thread. The last thing an inexperienced trader eager to learn needs is someone with even less experience giving them advice.

Forums are where genuises hang out with trend trading.:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

The pros failed.
If it so easy , why do 95 % fail and most trending gurus have blown accounts.Trend trading is not easy 80 % fail at trend trading , because of high trend failure rates and false breakouts.

Even the great turtle failed , but they are marketing courses on trend trading

Richard Dennis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dennis managed pools of capital for others in the markets for a while, but withdrew from such management in the spring of 1988 after his clients suffered heavy losses. In the Black Monday stock market crash of 1987, he reportedly lost $10 million,[8] with a total of $50 million reportedly lost in 1987-88.[2] In 1990 his firm settled investor complaints of his failure to follow his own rules, for over $2.5 million, without admitting or denying any wrongdoing.[9] He also managed funds for some time in the mid and late 1990s, closing these operations after losses in the summer of 2000.

John Henry to close CTA shop

Forums - 80 % fail at trend trading

Why 80% fail at using a trend following technique to trade the forex..avi - YouTube

The trick is being able to identify when a market is ranging and then stand aside. All systems will fail if a trader thinks he can trade it blindly in any market conditions.

Show everybody this holy grail or illusion of trend trading without getting into a ranging market or choppy trends and prove me wrong.Show me a set of rules and criteria to avoid ranging choppy trends in advance.

Google

As long as you wouldn't know where the highs and the lows of the day would be you cant be sure if this is the first cross in the new run or just another choppy signal ....

Show everybody this holy grail or illusion of trend trading without getting into a ranging market or choppy trends and prove me wrong.Show me a set of rules and criteria to avoid ranging choppy trends in advance.

Google

Thats not what i said at all.

.Show me a set of rules and criteria to avoid ranging choppy trends in advance.

This is your problem! stop looking for rules and criteria and just learn to read the markets then use your discretion. Stop looking for a holy grail.

As long as you wouldn't know where the highs and the lows of the day would be you cant be sure if this is the first cross in the new run or just another choppy signal ....

The smarter traders use trend lines and s/r, not lagging moving averages and crosses.Total misuse of mas by amateurs.

Lovely crooses:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 175
This is your problem! stop looking for rules and criteria and just learn to read the markets then use your discretion. Stop looking for a holy grail.

There are ways to filter out ranging markets and trending markets , with rule based methodology.It is not a holy grail , just the knowledge.

:LOL:
You don't know if the market is 'ranging' until you are in it
You do not know if the market is 'trending' until you are in it

What has gone before is no longer relevant.

I see the market is 'trending', enter...oh, now it's 'ranging' :LOL:

All you can do is position yourselve at a point that you believe has a higher probabilty of not being hit than being hit and then waiting to see what happens.

All the entry crap is crap.

Position, trade management and exits: Where are the reams and reams about this written??

4 hour charts as used by the pro's. Which market would this be in? Which exchange would this be on? Which broker time is this based on?
You do know the H4 charts are bu11sh1t don't you?

Using a moving average. If you're going to use them, I'd say use 1 only and it's one that doesn't lag.

95%, no I'd say 100% of losing traders all read Elder, Tharp, Douglas, none of whom could trade their way out of a paper bag...food for thought?

More random ramblings to follow maybe.

:LOL:
You don't know if the market is 'ranging' until you are in it
You do not know if the market is 'trending' until you are in it

What has gone before is no longer relevant.

I see the market is 'trending', enter...oh, now it's 'ranging' :LOL:

All you can do is position yourselve at a point that you believe has a higher probabilty of not being hit than being hit and then waiting to see what happens.

All the entry crap is crap.

Position, trade management and exits: Where are the reams and reams about this written??

4 hour charts as used by the pro's. Which market would this be in? Which exchange would this be on? Which broker time is this based on?
You do know the H4 charts are bu11sh1t don't you?

Using a moving average. If you're going to use them, I'd say use 1 only and it's one that doesn't lag.

95%, no I'd say 100% of losing traders all read Elder, Tharp, Douglas, none of whom could trade their way out of a paper bag...food for thought?

More random ramblings to follow maybe.

Firstly you have ignore forum advice , because it is is given by amateurs and posters with other hidden agenda .These guys don't want traders to know the truth , because these inter marketers want you to believe in their trend trading courses.

You are provided a link to an example position size management ,exit and trade management.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex/162600-box-breakout-pro-scalping.html#post2025236

4 hour trendinlienes are important

Attachments

• look for trends 1.jpg
    look for trends 1.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 207
  • look for major support and resistance.jpg
    look for major support and resistance.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 215
  • look for contex and 8 30 cross on 30 min.jpg
    look for contex and 8 30 cross on 30 min.jpg
    429.1 KB · Views: 193
  • confirmed trend line buy.jpg
    confirmed trend line buy.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 223
Very pretty drawings but I prefer "The Scream".

You don't think they might just be daily/weekly extremes then :LOL: