758.44 Miles... You've probably never seen this before!

RC,

"fixes his glass eye..." etc. Your confusing me with my girlfriend. Ever been with a mono-ped? You'll never look back. She had the amputation to make me happy.

Re "hot spots". Would that be Pol Pot's hot spots?

Isn't everybody jolly today?

Grant.

Grant...

Magnus,

Teaching spreads is a two-edged sword - relatively low risk (preserves trading capital); good for comm's as multi-positions.

Trading arcades' predominant market is Eurex, specifically fixed-interest (bund, bobl, schatz).

Familiarity with what they trade will certainly make for a shorter transistion.

Grant.

There is something that still bugs me... I read statements, regarding firms training someone up, like "they stick you on an auto-spreader... etc". Now, does this constitute actual trading. Or is this a sort of rite-of-passage that "newbies" go through... or is this just with firms that are really only after some commissions?...

Maybe this is just the [apparently] bad things that people talk about 'cos they generally don't talk that much about the good stuff - only the bad, as it really annoys them :(...

Magnus

Twain...

careful what you say about Grant, he's a Psycho !!

when he fixes his glass eye at you, comes racing at you in his wheel chair, his one arm flapping in the wind behind him, you're gonna know the meaning of fear.

Sorry about the hijacking by the way, back on track now ...........whatever you decide to do, DO it !
I can remember 15 or so years back, writing out a business plan for acquiring buy-to-let apartments and houses. This was way before the term had even been invented, let alone become a household phrase.
One thing led to another and I didn't follow through with my plan.
Had I done so, I would be seriously well off now I think.

Another example of short-sighted youth - when I was 19, just finished my trade training and was about to be posted overseas, i came across a beautiful cottage, deep in the heart of leicestershire hunting country (the Quorn for anyone else who hunts) - roses round the door, little front garden directly overlooking a huge reservoir. Picturesque and quiet in a totally rural wee village, yet within 30 minutes of Leicester and Nottingham (you're right - so what ! :clap: )
The house was a steal at 5,000 pounds, but on condition the old lady who lived there continued to do so until she popped her clogs and her mentally disbaled son was shipped off to a special hospital.
Being young, I just couldn't see the point of spending 5 grand (about 3 months wages then) on a house I couldn't occupy for maybe 4,5,6,7 years.(even though I wouldn't occupy it anyway, me being in barracks)
of course that wee cottage is now worth upwards of 400,000 pounds ....

moral of the story, well two morals: seize every opportunity even while you're young, and don't let other people pooh pooh your ideas ......

Awesome post... (y)

I'm a quote man (if they're good of course) and this is one of my favourites...

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

I like to think I'm still pretty young (25) and already feel a number of regrets in my life, but damn it, it makes me strive harder for things, have bigger goals, and really appreciate things I feel I missed out on when I finally re-visit them... :party:... Mind you, there's certainly a number of things I look back on and absolutely cringe :eek:... but don't regret doing them in the slightest.... :p...

Magnus

Magnus,

The auto-spreader is used to trade spreads - the two-edged sword thing above.

Grant.

What IS an auto-spreader?...

Magnus,

The auto-spreader is used to trade spreads - the two-edged sword thing above.

Grant.

I've been trying to find out information on auto-spreaders, what they are etc...

I found a company that provides auto-spreader software... 10 legs at a time:)eek:)... can trade butterflies:)-0)... I'm not sure exactly what these mean - more reading to do on this :smart:...

I assume that trading spreads is pretty much just arbitrage and not really trading in a truly scalable sense...

Grant, I'm not sure I am understanding you on the double-edged sword thing... I can understand that there is capital preservation... is the downside the commissions that must be paid?...

Magnus