2nd of September was the day!

Gold flies in inflation periods as it is an inflation hedge the reason for this is that, faith is lost in 'fiat currency (s)' (unbacked paper like $, £ etc..).. its buying power slips, tangibles namely commodities get more expensive in light of devaluing currency perception.

Yet if inflation were increasing, we haven't seen commodities, such as oil, moving at the same pace as the increase in gold. Even last time gold was hitting these levels in February, oil was around $40/barrel. What else is at work here pushing gold up? Maybe due to equities?

who knows and who cares its not going anywhere this will be a huge fake out to lure in all the hyperinflation gold bugs then people will sell the **** out of it

poeple talk of gold as a safe haven agasint currencys failing etc and if doomsday ever came about..but the fact is you cant eat drink or **** gold so its not gona be that handy in doomsday scenario!

poeple talk of gold as a safe haven agasint currencys failing etc and if doomsday ever came about..but the fact is you cant eat drink or **** gold so its not gona be that handy in doomsday scenario!

However, when your teeth go rotten due to an impoverished diet, you can melt it down and fill them :)

Hey dipstick, you can't eat or drink sterling notes or share certificates either so what's your recommendation for doomsday then? :LOL:

i dont have one i was just pointing why gold wouldnt work as one which people believe it to be.

anyway hopefully there will be a piece on gold in the telegraph 2morow so you can join in.

golds rise above $1000 and hyperinflation is just inevitable only the blind will reject it, however i dnt think it will happen right now and gold will fall abit before breaking $1000 mark by the end of the year or begining of next.

water, soon to be the world's most expensive, highly sought-after, war-creating, revolution inspiring, commodity :cheesy:

I agree absolutely. One little hot spot is Tibet and China although few people touch upon it.

China gets a large % of its water supply from Tibet's mountains and it is worried if Tibet ever becomes fully independant the building of hydroelectric dams will cut off or reduce their water supply. Thus Tibet is a very strategic territory and not just a small land mass.

You take ignorance to the next level...

In your case I did mean ignoranus.

I'll give you a clue.

See if you can work it out you dumbass.

ofcourse i worked it out i just didnt realise you were actually 5.

Pause day

After two very strong days a pause day was anticipated, I monitored this on Friday and the drift back to upper third levels before the weekend close was bullish.

I have added to my Gold longs I expect this week to be the week that $1000 falls and possibly $1006.

I have also added to my Silver position, good luck trading fellow speculators, imv this is early doors for a big gold move.

Sept 2nd was the day for early birds.

Hi,

A safe consolidation day while the US holiday'd.

Ironically I was making a Youtube clip last week when my trading platform started 'pinging' on a number of Buy Stop entries on the 2nd last week.

I was demonstrating the entry levels and pattern.

Here is the link of the charts with live feed, moving as we spoke and recorded.

YouTube - Gold Breaks Out - Inflation hovers in the background? Dollar collapse?

Tomorrow will see a resumption and the fall of the $1000 level imv.

Happy Trading

House keeping

For those peeking at the Youtube clip if you have a slower internet or are browsing peak times its worth pushing Play then pause immediately so the file downloads to say 30% ahead, before watching as the speed of view may exceed download speed.

This lets you open another browser to view other things in the mean time.

Should you wish to see similar at other occasions you can subscribe for free by hitting 'subscribe' on the actual YouTube site

Hope this helps.

A safe consolidation day while the US holiday'd.
Baptist, are you aware which country actually buys the most physical gold and therefore hedges/speculates most strongly against it?

They weren't on holiday today.

The price hasn't moved.

Technically, the higher probability will be to the upside. Personally, and rather more fundamentally, I’d look to get out of a short at around 890.

Baptist, are you aware which country actually buys the most physical gold and therefore hedges/speculates most strongly against it?

They weren't on holiday today.

The price hasn't moved.

Technically, the higher probability will be to the upside. Personally, and rather more fundamentally, I’d look to get out of a short at around 890.

Bramble 17% of total trade actually takes delivery. The bulk of trade is hedging & speculation.

It seems you have an alternate view involving a short that you expect to get out of at $890.

I believe we will not see those levels again for a very long time. Miners Hedge, the nations I believe you are refering to our continual net accumulators for both cultural and investment purposes, they are net buyers regardless in most instances.

I wish you well with the trade.

So Much so I have posted my Youtube clip on the 60 minute Gold chart for the end of day for your scrutiny and critisim ; - ) Be well. (y)