24-Hour FX Targets

Dave Floyd said:
Like the last few days there are no 24-Hour Target Prices - but we do note our current bias and some key technical levels for the major pairs as well as a 'Trade Idea'

Modest follow through on this Trade Idea (see chart above) thus far. The 79.00 level may provide some support, but based on the current technical backdrop I would expect it push through

Wednesday's 24-Hour Targets

Wednesday's Targets and Technical Levels.....additional posting(s) later today

Dave

Attachments

• 22206.jpg
    22206.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 230
  • FX Targets Manual.pdf
    331.2 KB · Views: 303
Trade Idea

Trade Idea (may last several days)......

We are keen to go long EUR/CHF - we did not buy the break of the bear trend-channel (see chart below) but are willing to buy pull-backs towards the 1.5600 level.

Look for a price target of 1.5660 or perhaps higher

Dave

Attachments

• eurchf.jpg
    eurchf.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 232
Dave Floyd said:
Trade Idea (may last several days)......

We are keen to go long EUR/CHF - we did not buy the break of the bear trend-channel (see chart below) but are willing to buy pull-backs towards the 1.5600 level.

Look for a price target of 1.5660 or perhaps higher

Dave

We have tightened our stop-loss to 1.5625 and will look to close the trade at 1.5660...

Monday's Targets & Technical Levels

see attached file for further details - we will also have another posting/charts leter today

Attachments

• 22706.jpg
    22706.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 223
  • FX Targets Manual.pdf
    331.2 KB · Views: 307
Trade Idea

Possible short set-up....see chart below

FYI: I have received a few emails asking why there have been so few 24-Hour Target Trades in the last few weeks. The answer is simply market conditions - we have not had much luck with short-term trades (duration od less than 24-hours) in dollar based pairs so far this year. Choppy trading conditions have allowed for the stop-losses to be easily hit.

Since early 2006 (2nd week maybe?) we have focused more on longer-term trades, several days in duration, and relied more heavily on the FX crosses, especially the NZD crosses. This has served us well.

Attachments

• gbpnok.jpg
    gbpnok.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 275
Dave Floyd said:
We have tightened our stop-loss to 1.5625 and will look to close the trade at 1.5660...

This trade was closed on Monday at 1.5660 for roughly a 50-pip gain - see previous postings for entry info

Wednesday's Targets & Technical Levels

Wednesday's targets & technical levels....

We are still cautious about making projected calls 24-hours out under current market conditions. The fields in blue are more of a guideline versus an absolute value.

I will have another posting here later today.

Dave

Attachments

• 3106.jpg
    3106.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 242
Dave Floyd said:
Possible short set-up....see chart below

This chart (posted on 2/27) has begun to play out well - prices have no breached the 200-day ema and are poised to trade lower.

I did not make a specific call on this nor did I take the trade for myself or my clients - just a follow-up.

Dave

Attachments

• gbpnok.jpg
    gbpnok.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 213
Monday's Targets & Technical Levels

Monday's Targets & Technical Levels.....

Attachments

• 3606.jpg
    3606.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 250
Trade Ideas

Interesting technical backdrop on these kiwi crosses....

Attachments

• nzdcad205.jpg
    nzdcad205.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 225
  • nzdjpy901.jpg
    nzdjpy901.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 211
Wednesday's Targets & Technical Levels

Wednesday's Targets & Technical Levels....

Attachments

• 3806.jpg
    3806.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 272
FX Update

While it may be a bit premature, it does appear that the markets are beginning to get a bit more fluid for the 24-Hour Target Trades (see Monday & Wednesday's postings). As you will have noted, I have not been posting too many in the last several weeks due to choppy and volatile trading conditions. This week however, that has changed. The follow through on these trades this week has been encouraging.

I will continue to be selective and keep you updated.

Dave

Interesting Technical Set-Up

Interesting technical development on CAD/CHF - 1st chart is from yesterday, 2nd chart is from this morning.

Dave

Attachments

• cadchfTREND1.jpg
    cadchfTREND1.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 213
  • cadchfBULL.jpg
    cadchfBULL.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 211
Wednesday's Targets & Levels

As you will see from the technical levels and 'Current Bias' below, the FX markets appear to be digesting yesterday's sharp sell-off in the dollar. We note that NZD/USD and USD/NOK may trade a bit higher, but other than that, prices as of now appear set to continue sideways.

Dave

Attachments

• 31506.jpg
    31506.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 203
AUD & NZD Divergence

Very odd performance on both AUD/USD & NZD/USD this AM. Typically, these 2 pairs trade inversely with the dollar index (DXC) - i.e. DXC declines, these pairs rally.

Today that is not the case. Not quite sure as to the reasons, although I suspect it has something to do with the fact that the US, Australia and New Zealand have very large current account deficits. Given that the FX market is beginning to eye this as a potential problem (risk aversion) this may account for the disconnect this morning.

The chart below shows a pink line representing the dollar index (DXC) with the prices of AUD/USD in candles. Note the notations on the chart. You will see a similar illustration if you pull up a chart on NZD/USD.

Attachments

• audDXC.jpg
    audDXC.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 222
Pre-Asian FX Trading Comments

Dollar Index (DXC): Based on a simple overview of the charts, one can easily see a move towards 90.00 before any serious technical resistance comes into play, although 89.80 will act as resistance as well. The more likely scenario as the Asian session is set to kick off is a modest pullback in DXC towards 89.50-60 before a leg higher.

The comments below are designed with the short-term trader in mind (less than 24-hours in duration)

EUR/USD: a bounce back towards 1.2110 should be expected before a re-test back towards 1.2075 and perhaps 1.2065

USD/JPY: look for 116.90-117.05 as a good support zone on this minor pull-back. Look for 117.45 over the next 12 hours or so

GBP/USD: pullbacks into 1.7490-1.7500 should allow for good short entries for a move back towards 1.7455 and possibly 1.7440

USD/CHF: no real conviction either way here. Intra-day charts showing mixed signals. Defer to a push higher, but would not trade it.

Dave

Thursday's Comments & Technical Levels

While the dollar appears to be finishing off the recent push higher from the lows earlier this week, it appears there is not too much more room on the upside, however, this is still unclear. As noted earlier this week, DXC has not even breached a 50% retracement of the push lower from the March 10 high - March 17 low - this indicates little upside potential.

Dave

Attachments

• 32306.jpg
    32306.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 205